Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,751,640 times

Advertisements

Only 3 weeks away, folks!

See Black Friday 2008 Thanksgiving Day Black Friday Ads at Black-Friday.net.

Also, per their latest email, a few special sales are already scheduled for this weekend:

Quote:
This Saturday Walmart is having a special sale where they will be selling a Sanyo 46" 1080p LCD HDTV for $798 and a Compaq CQ50-139WM laptop with a 15.4" screen for just $298! They have a minimum of 10 laptops per store with a limit of one laptop per person.
View all of the specials at Walmart this Saturday:
Walmart.com: Feature: In-Store Specials
Quote:
A copy of the rumored Circuit City doorbusters for Black Friday 2008 shows the item description and model number of potential Black Friday products, but it does not include the prices (which of course is the most important part). While we can not confirm these doorbuster deals yet, we wanted to pass this information on so you could see what products might be available as early bird specials at Circuit City. Some of the items in the document include:
- Sharp 52" LC52SB55U 1080p LCD HDTV
- Toshiba 32" 32AV500U 720p LCD HDTV
- Element 7" E7ADPF Digital Photo Frame
A copy of the document is located here:
http://www.black-friday.net/images/circuit-city-doorbusters.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 PM

779 posts, read 2,236,412 times
Despite the name "Black Friday" for retailers the dealing with so many people, the traffic, and maybe the cold weather, I can imagine how exciting the atmosphere must be in Dallas on the day after Thanksgiving. I would love to experience it sometime.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:37 AM

Is it that bad on Black Friday in Dallas?

Old 11-08-2008, 01:16 PM

983 posts, read 4,429,830 times
Don't know about Dallas but black friday is bad anywhere. I did it once since I really needed an item that day (dvd player). But I plan to do it again cause I really need (ok I'm lying), I really want a t.v. that I have refused to buy for so long. If I can get a 32" flat screen for under $400 I may just have to go for it. But I am paying cash and using NO credit cards. Plus I heard they are gonna really be priced low due to the economy.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:07 PM

3,305 posts, read 5,731,480 times
Saw two guys get in a fight over a TV once, the TV got dropped so it's like who wants it now and the two guys just flat went to fist city. Some of those crazy women will run you down with their buggys. The time I did it (Black Friday), was the same day the guys got in a fight over the TV, a women just ran her cart right into my daughter (the bottom part of it caught her at the back of her foot right above the heel and hurt like crazy) and when she turned around and looked at her as if what in the world, the woman said, well get out od the way! It was so crowded you couldn't move down the aisles! My daughter was only 10 at the time and we were there to get her a Game Boy and a few other things. Grrrr, you can get killed in those messes. Like the poster said earlier, rather die and go to hell!

I'd be careful about Circuit City also. They're closing stores (I know the one in Burleson and Mansfield are closing and they haven't been open but a year or so) and this might not mean a thing but just cutbacks due to close economy or it could mean serious problems within their entire company and this is just a start. Of course, you'd still have the mfg. warranty, but it's nice to have the store backing to go along with that.

Have fun folks, but unless it's a giveaway price on something I'd really like to have or need, I think I'll just let it slide on by me.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:38 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,211,265 times
I'll pass. Black Friday is just too cut throat, people will stop at nothing to get a deal. It brings out the absolute worst in people. I've never understood why people get that excited over saving money and resort to such uncivilized tactics.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Oh goodness! I have forgotten what Black Friday can be like at retailer stores. I apologize about your daughter being hit in the Achilles tendon at such a young age. That is a very tender, yet painful area of your foot to get hit.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:04 PM

79 posts, read 500,416 times
Default Black Friday 2008

Does any one know if any community centers in the Garland, Rockwall, Rowlett area are having any special day care for Black Friday? I live in Rowlett though.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:42 PM

3,852 posts, read 12,828,979 times
Black friday for the average joe is a waste of time. Most of the items that are sold cheap are generally limited in quantity and they are first come first serve. Some people wait hours for it. You would be better off working those hours and just buying the item after market.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,418,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Don't know about Dallas but black friday is bad anywhere. I did it once since I really needed an item that day (dvd player). But I plan to do it again cause I really need (ok I'm lying), I really want a t.v. that I have refused to buy for so long. If I can get a 32" flat screen for under $400 I may just have to go for it. But I am paying cash and using NO credit cards. Plus I heard they are gonna really be priced low due to the economy.
Ya I also heard that on the news about the flat scrren and plasma tv's being priced really low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas