Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 07:17 PM

37 posts, read 95,240 times

Advertisements

I also posted this on the Fort Worth site.

Here's the deal, while I have plenty of friends who are conservative, I really don't want to live in a ultra-conservative area, that's the truth. I am not extreme liberal or anything, I just don't want to be the only one in my community with a Obama sign on my lawn, and I certainly don't want to get dirty looks as people drive by my home.

So, my husband I are looking at Grapevine, Flower Mound, Keller, but also Burleson.

I would appreciate your opinions and help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:26 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,277,983 times
There were Obama signs everywhere.
I live in a primarily coservative area, and had my McCain Palin sign trampled on bu Obama vandals. But there were a few Obama signs up here(actually quite a few) and a few of them got vandalized as well.
DOn't worry too much about politics, DFW is a very moderate tolerant area.
The Countryside is less so, but DFW is ...if it'll make you feel better Dallas county went for Obama.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:32 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,220,342 times
Of the 4 cities you mention, I think Burleson would be the most conservative since it's heavily populated by long time Texas Residents. The other 3 cities are comprised of a lot of transplants so you'll get a bigger variety of opinions.

Naima

Old 11-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the info CMDallas ! Of course I'm not happy to hear about signs getting trampled, but I am glad to hear that there seems to be a mix of both, and that works for me !

Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Of the 4 cities you mention, I think Burleson would be the most conservative since it's heavily populated by long time Texas Residents. The other 3 cities are comprised of a lot of transplants so you'll get a bigger variety of opinions.

Naima

We visited the area in the summer and Grapevine was at the top of our list, but it seems to be a bit more expensive than the other areas. I would be fine with a conservative area, as long as it wasn't extreme. Is Burleson considered ultra-conservative ?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,413,071 times
Dallas County voted more Democrat than Republican. You might want to move inside Dallas County (although North Dallas voted more Republican).

Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,426,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonL View Post
Is Burleson considered ultra-conservative ?
Short answer... Yes. Longer answer.. It is EXTREMELY Culturally conservative.

See for example this famous case: (If not easily offended by talk of adult novelties)

I'm sure it is a nice place in many regards, but the people I know who have lived there, including my fellow libertarian/Buckley/Goldwater type conservatives have left ASAP.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
Short answer... Yes. Longer answer.. It is EXTREMELY Culturally conservative.

See for example this famous case: (If not easily offended by talk of adult novelties)

I'm sure it is a nice place in many regards, but the people I know who have lived there, including my fellow libertarian/Buckley/Goldwater type conservatives have left ASAP.
Wow ! Reminds me of that movie, The Stepford Wives ! Not to mention, it just so happens that only last week, I was planning on attending one of those exact same parties, but I wasn't able to in the end, only because I had something else come up. I actually googled the case to see what happened. I am glad to see that the case was dismissed and the law was subsequently made invalid. As it should be ! Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas