Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM

16 posts, read 40,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacvb1974 View Post
It's great you can come for a visit and decide for yourself which 'burbs strike your fancy because as your thread has drifted a bit OT, it might be confusing to sort out opinions from stats. It looks like you've already got some good leads on areas, but I'll offer Richardson as another possible option. We have a good school district, crime numbers are statistically pretty low, and Richardson is very convenient to the light rail should public transportation appeal to you. There's a few bad spots, mainly around Spring Valley, but the overwhelming majority of the city is solidly middle class. I recently called on a home for rent near my house, zip 75080, on the west side of 75 (only for curiosity's sake to see what places are going for) and a 1900 sq ft 3/2/2 w/ a pool was $1150. The house was literally across the street from a very desirable, established area called Canyon Creek. Canyon Creek and the outlying areas is neither a ghetto nor home to any celebrities that I know of.

On my particular street we have have folks of all skin colors that wear blue, white and gray collars. I think you'll find the same in many of the 'burbs already mentioned. There are just so many options for middle class families in DFW and though rent-to-own may not be such a hot idea, you can easily expect to find a nice rental to raise your kids. I hope you'll keep us posted on your trip--whether you end up in Lancaster OR Plano or Garland or Flower Mound or any point in-between. Just be prepared to do a lot of driving on your visit because one thing we can all agree on is the metroplex is sprawling with a capital S.
Thank you kacvb1974, I kind of got lot in the midst of the celb stats and ignorant comments from Dave..the wierd thing is I really think he was trying to be helpful...I think! But thank you for the zipcode, it helps narrow down my search quite a bit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purposed View Post
Thank you kacvb1974, I kind of got lot in the midst of the celb stats and ignorant comments from Dave..the wierd thing is I really think he was trying to be helpful...I think! But thank you for the zipcode, it helps narrow down my search quite a bit!
The Canyon Creek area that kacvb mentions is VERY NICE. It is an older well established neighborhood in Richardson. Homes that go on the market in here sell pretty fast. Some have creek lots, others golf course, greenbelt, parks, etc. It is a GREAT AREA! Convienent to for all areas of Dallas. VERY family oriented.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:43 AM

16 posts, read 40,304 times
Just an up date. Im looking at some property in NW Forth Worth that my realtor suggested. Its hard to make a decison right now because I don't know excatly where my employment will be. Seeing as though Im not moving until lat May 2009, I figured that my job search should being Feb/March...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas