Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 AM

41 posts, read 107,495 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can anybody suggest a park with tables and playgrounds, for a big grill party with many friends and their numerous kids?

Should be not far from Dallas.

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,073 times
White Rock Lake. Specifically Tee Pee Hill. Great place for this. we had my son's birthday party there the last two years. You can even rent the shelters out for the very reasonable $15 an hour.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Stay away from this area of white rock lake:

Stinky spot along White Rock trails

We’ve discussed this before and I’m sure it’ll come up again but the topic of the so-called "putrid pathway” at White Rock Lake keeps coming up — probably because it’s starting to feel like winter, which is when it gets really bad ...
Many of us who use the lake have come to accept the area along its trail, past Mockingbird bridge near the West Lawther curve, that stinks — and when I say STINKS, I mean that it makes the dog park smell like roses. It is the spot where the fish-gobbling double-crested cormorants roost when they migrate here for the winter. They live on fish from the lake and they poop a bunch, at least that’s how it’s been explained to me.

Back Talk Lakewood/East Dallas: Stinky spot along White Rock trails

Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
The park by the Lake Highlands Recreation Center at White Rock Trail and Church Road is a good place also. In the summer in particular - there's a free spray park and a very inexpensive public pool (I think it's like $1 or $2 per person).

Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,329,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
It is the spot where the fish-gobbling double-crested cormorants roost when they migrate here for the winter.
I was just there last weekend and didn't notice any bad smell - maybe I was just lucky (or my allergies were helping me out )

Old 11-14-2008, 12:17 PM

41 posts, read 107,495 times
I will of cause check the White Rock lake but now as you guys argue about "stinking" it is a bit scary....

I saw on the map Ray Hubbard lake. I have never been in that area. Is it potentially good for grill-parties (tables, playgrounds, etc)?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:25 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,329,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An European View Post
I will of cause check the White Rock lake but now as you guys argue about "stinking" it is a bit scary....
Oh, we're not arguing - I probably just caught a lull in the smell. However, the roosting birds are confined to a small area on the West side of the lake - there are more picnicking areas on the East side than the West. That is where you will find most of the playgrounds as well.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An European View Post

I saw on the map Ray Hubbard lake. I have never been in that area. Is it potentially good for grill-parties (tables, playgrounds, etc)?
Only a small area has that problem. Try Tee Pee Hill, No smell I promise, lots of tables, couple of shelters, great playground, and some grills if you aren't going to bring your own.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:17 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
Cottonwood park in Richardson is a good area... Located at Coit and Belt Line.

Naima

Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 AM

434 posts, read 1,482,272 times
try lynn creek park in grand prairie...its right on joe pool lake which is a 7500 acre lake...plenty of grills,,open spaces,, tree cover,,parking,,beach

on the otherside of the lake is cedar hill state park,,,again lots of grills and space for your party,,,
they are both 16 to 20 miles south of downtown dallas..

i attempted to host something at whiterock before--not impressed...the picnic and grilling areas could use more space and a facelift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas