Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 PM

78 posts, read 101,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trc_everything View Post
Please don't burst Madison1975's bubble. This is one of the few Californians that hasn't moved here yet. Let's keep it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 03:19 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,607,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Come on Carmel's population is less than 5K and Monterey is what 30K?

Ha, I understand that but since most of my life is here in landlocked Plano, I love Monterey and Santa Barbara for a change of scenery.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:18 PM

19,545 posts, read 17,806,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Ha, I understand that but since most of my life is here in landlocked Plano, I love Monterey and Santa Barbara for a change of scenery.
Trust me I get that. My favorite spot on Earth, until I find another, is the public beach at the end to that tiny street with the really tiny houses in Carmel. From there you can clearly see Pebble Beach just to the north.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 4,381 times
Could anyone please tell me bout the home insurance cost range in Frisco, or Plano, for a 2500 SQF home, and give me an estimate for utility bill ? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:13 PM

816 posts, read 915,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trc_everything View Post
Please don't burst Madison1975's bubble. This is one of the few Californians that hasn't moved here yet. Let's keep it that way.
Then find a governor that doesn't do dog and pony shows trying to lure businesses from California. If your governors keep doing that, don't be surprised when you get a democrat governor.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:28 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,483,067 times
Quote:
Trust me I get that. My favorite spot on Earth, until I find another, is the public beach at the end to that tiny street with the really tiny houses in Carmel. From there you can clearly see Pebble Beach just to the north.
Oh God yes. I thought Southern California had beautiful coastline until I visited that area.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,039 times
Having lived in Southern CA, in Orange County, not too far from the beach, and now living in the DFW Metroplex for the past 9 years, I would not move back to CA. I travel back to So Cal at least 5 times a year and spend time there with family and friends so I feel like I can still speak for it.

Traffic is worse in CA. When people declare the traffic is bad here, I just sigh, and tell them they just don't know.

Taxes are higher. I don't just mean sales tax, or income tax. Even gasoline tax. Gas here today was $3.29 for regular. According to Gas Buddy, you are looking at $4.00 or more.

San Diego is very close to the border and there are issues. We have border issues here in TX as well, but up in the metroplex we are pretty far removed from that.

Weather. Summers are not a lot of fun here. Unless you have a pool, you can't spend time outside much until the evening. We have balmy beautiful evenings. In San Diego, it can be pretty cold (60's) at night. The snow is nothing compared to what you are used to. Although I don't enjoy it unless I am home, it's only a couple of days a year.

Drought. Check that out big time. It is very very bad in CA. We are recovering here..

Manners. Yes I know that people can be rude or nice anywhere. On the whole people are more friendly, and exhibit more manners in TX.

School Districts. Parts of Dallas are great, some not so much. Just like San Diego.

Fiscally conservative here in Texas.

Conservative vs. Liberal=I say that it is more liberal in CA, but I see that there is more acceptance of others here in the metroplex here. Belief systems, Racially, politically.

CA does have mountains and the ocean...sigh. We have hills and lakes. sigh...
In summary: CA has better weather. Period. TX is better in other ways.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,038,951 times
Quote:
It is beautiful, almost magical. However, I find I can only take so much of it...really. I know that's hard to believe - but I have a friend whom I've known since kindergarten who rents a house there for an entire month and another Lakewood couple who owns a second home on the 17-Mile Drive. One of my other 'best' friends all through school lived for some time on One Surf Way on the beach north of Monterey. Another high school friend has a beautiful place in the Russian River area of Sonoma, another lives in San Rafael and her sister lives in the Marina area of SF.

My sister lives in SoCal and I've spent a lot of time there over almost three decades.

I'm always glad to come home to Dallas - and so are they!

Old 09-08-2014, 02:01 PM

19,545 posts, read 17,806,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
It is beautiful, almost magical. However, I find I can only take so much of it...really. I know that's hard to believe - but I have a friend whom I've known since kindergarten who rents a house there for an entire month and another Lakewood couple who owns a second home on the 17-Mile Drive. One of my other 'best' friends all through school lived for some time on One Surf Way on the beach north of Monterey. Another high school friend has a beautiful place in the Russian River area of Sonoma, another lives in San Rafael and her sister lives in the Marina area of SF.

My sister lives in SoCal and I've spent a lot of time there over almost three decades.

I'm always glad to come home to Dallas - and so are they!
That's not hard for me to believe at all. Frankly, I feel the same way.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:59 AM

5 posts, read 4,381 times
Could someone tell me about home insurance price in Frisco, TX ?(300k house)
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas