Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 08:07 AM

45 posts, read 205,616 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocation to the DFW area and I am not sure where I'd be working. I was looking for an area that could commute to Dallas, Fort Worth, or the Plano area. Someone mentioned Coppell and parts of Carrollton. Any thoughts on these areas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 08:16 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Coppell over Carrollton. Drive thru Coppell then take a gander over to Carrollton, you will see the HUGE difference. Carrollton will be closer to Plano by a hair and would give you more options to get to downtown Dallas but if I had to pick from just those two places it would have to be Coppell.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:57 PM

45 posts, read 205,616 times
Where else might I have missed for the "in between" area?

Thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 02:33 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times
There is Hurst, Grapevine, Euless, Bedford, Arlington. Hurst, Euless, Bedford (HEB) or "MidCities" are right between both. Flower Mound might have equal distance to all three? Still a lot of driving.

Hope it helps!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,796 times
I'm new to these forums and by my handle you can tell I'm from Grapevine TX. I've lived in the Mid-Cities since 1973 (with a few years spent in San Jose CA) and I've seen the phenomenal growth and experienced growing up myself along with raising 2 boys in this area. Grapevine has the small town feel but we're "all built up", there is no more new homes being built (most of our land went to make DFW Airport). Southlake has a new "old" downtown. The homes and lot sizes (and prices) are big. The schools in the Grapevine-Colleyville and the Carroll (Southlake) ISD are among the best. H-E-B are older communities now and the quality of some of the schools have slipped a bit. Coppell and Flower Mound are similar to Grapevine as far as small town feel and great schools. Carrollton (north) and Hebron are growing at a fast pace and look like big suburbs now. The main problem with the D/FW Metroplex, as we call it, is the highway system. With so many new residents in the past 5 to 10 years, the state has been slow in responding (they've been focusing on the area north of Dallas such as Frisco). Hopefully Hwy 114 will be widened in the next 3 years. Grapevine just voted to build a train station that will link the lines from Fort Worth and Dallas at DFW Airport. Texas is just now realizing the usefulness of commuter rail. Oops, you can tell I'm a newbie, I've blathered on long enough. Anyway, make it to Texas as soon as you can.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM

4 posts, read 17,251 times
Congratulations on your pending relocation. I think you will be happy in your new locale. It is difficult to make a wrong choice in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. For a metropolitan area that large, the housing costs are remarkably inexpensive. If you are going to buy in the Mid-Cities, I recommend the cities that are further north, such as Grapevine, because the values are increasing faster there. If you are going to rent, I recommend the cities that are further south, such as Grand Prairie, because the rents are less there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas