Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times

Advertisements

Check out this thread by our intrepid Brian:

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...xperience.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 PM

291 posts, read 674,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
Did you come up through the office tower and then cross the bridge over the freeway? If so, I believe there is a better way. There is an elevator on the west side of the subway that takes you up to the street level. It deposits you on the west side of I-75 which is just about 3 blocks from W. Village. You could walk the 3 blocks or take the trolley if you time it right. The Magnolia theatre at W. Village shows the same type movies that you will find at the Angelika. Just a few blocks is relatively close even by East Coast standards.
No. I took the trolley up McKinney. This is back when I lived off of McKinney in Uptown. Have never been to the Magnolia but don't live near it anymore.

Do they serve food and drink at the Magnolia like they do at Angelika?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
Park Lane is the new development going up across 75 from NorthPark, right near the DART stop. It will have 700,000 square feet of retail/residential, including an 80,000-square foot Whole Foods (about the same size as the Whole Foods mothership in downtown Austin). Read more about it here: Park Lane | A Massive Mixed-Use Development in Dallas, TX and here: Dallas Area Rapid Transit Inmotion - Winter 2008
Cool. Thanks! Park Lane must have been the rail station I went to one cold Saturday to get to the TJ Maxx which was near North Park. I froze my butt off waiting for a bus for about 35 minutes and never went back again. I did go back to North Park but with my then BF in his car...lol

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM

Ok...just read the article and it sounds like it's going to be awesome. Thanks for that link! I used to work near a Daily Grill back in DC and was never a fan of their food but LOVE the idea of a Nordstrom's Rack!! I used to also be near a Gordon Biersch in D.C. and was not a fan of theirs either. I hate chains. But it will be cool that the NorthPark shuttle will go through there. I can't afford much at NorthPark but a Nordstrom Rack at the Park Lane location might encourage me to just get on the shuttle and go to the mall - at least to get some Chik Fil A if nothing else - while out and about.

I'll have to check out that DART newsletter more often! Thanks again for posting that link!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:43 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGGirl View Post
No. I took the trolley up McKinney. This is back when I lived off of McKinney in Uptown. Have never been to the Magnolia but don't live near it anymore.

Do they serve food and drink at the Magnolia like they do at Angelika?
Yes, the Magnolia has a full bar. Don't know if they sell much food other than the usual popcorn and overpriced junk that you can find at most theaters. Anyway, there are lots of restaurants right around the Magnolia.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM

3 posts, read 20,630 times
"If you need good examples of public transport, you need to get out and see the world. Until you have done that you will never ever be able to understand what good public transport system actually means. Before the world, you can actually start at NYC, then go to DC, Philly, Boston, and go up north to our neighbor Canada, and have a look at Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa. Then fly to Europe, and don't come back before seeing Japan. "[/quote]

I couldn't word that better myself.. I have been in dallas 7 months.. the first 5 without a car! taking public transportation here is HELL.. ridiculous! as a New Yorker, I was spoiled!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas