Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:38 PM

175 posts, read 405,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
No, the smaller cities do not offer equivalent urban culture, sports, shopping, cultural opportunities.
The cities I listed do offer similar urban culture, sports, shopping etc compared to DFW. And most of those cities are actually much smaller than DFW.

Sad but true.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,067,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zatires View Post
The cities I listed do offer similar urban culture, sports, shopping etc compared to DFW. And most of those cities are actually much smaller than DFW.

Sad but true.
No, the cities offer significantly less or missing urban cultural opportunities.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Did any of you know that Dallas is the only metro with a 24 hour FM station for music from India and Pakistan?
Did you know there are two Korean radio stations in Seattle?
Did you know there is a Indian radio station in Seattle?
Did you know there is a multi-cultural radio station in Seattle?
Did you know there is a Korean TV station in Seattle?

etc...

Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
No, the cities offer significantly less or missing urban cultural opportunities.
No they do not. You may think else, but the smaller cities I have listed offer similar urban cultural opportunities as DFW does. And they are able to accomplish that in a much smaller land and population environment.

Sad but true.
Only if you are not in denial and are able to accept the facts.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
Actually, Seattle probably has us beat in indie movie screens. Landmark Theaters in Seattle alone has some 20-plus screens (spread across some eight separate theaters). Landmark - Seattle

Granted, some of those are showing mainstream fare like Seven Pounds but then so do the two Landmark Theaters in Dallas (Inwood, Magnolia). Then Seattle has other places like SIFF Cinema (www.seattlefilm.org)
No, I don't think so. The Seattle theatres are showing such hollywood movies as :the day the earth stood still", "Australia", and :Slumdog Millionaire".

Old 12-19-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatires View Post
No they do not. You may think else, but the smaller cities I have listed offer similar urban cultural opportunities as DFW does. And they are able to accomplish that in a much smaller land and population environment.

Sad but true.
Only if you are not in denial and are able to accept the facts.
Or so you claim. You're deluded. Or lying.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think so. The Seattle theatres are showing such hollywood movies as :the day the earth stood still", "Australia", and :Slumdog Millionaire".
And DFW theatres also show such movies.

Inwood is showing;
7 pounds
Magnolia is showing
Yes Man
Slumdog Millionaire
WOW
They are also showing Australia
Inwood is showing Bedtime Stories

Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Or so you claim. You're deluded. Or lying.
Well I keep on proving you wrong with facts...

So we know who is actually deluded ROFL

Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,170,832 times
Quote:
Yes, but the Landmarks in Dallas are also showing "Australia" and "Slumdog Millionaire." So, if you discount Seattle's, you have to discount Dallas' as well. Landmark - Dallas

Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 PM

So what is the point? The Seattle theatres are showing mainstream Hollywood movies and the Dallas Landmark theatres are showing Hollywood movies? Exactly what is that intended to prove?

I guess yopu are trying to elevate Seattle to the list of a-list movie towns.

In addition to the Inwood at the Landmark chain, Landmark, Dallas also has the Magnolia, Plano Angelika and the Dallas Angelia theatres. The total movie lineup in Dallas is better than second-rate towns such as Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas