Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2007, 10:43 AM

5 posts, read 17,613 times

Advertisements

hi,
i have been viewing these forums for a few weeks now and found some good information but i want to ask a few questions of my own. see i am looking to move to dallas from college station for a year of internship making approx. $600 a week i am looking for a good area, quite, low crime, 1 bed apt possibly near parks, i have a 1 yr old dog that needs to run, within a reasonable commute to northern downtown area just below highland park. if anyone can suggest areas i would appreciate it. ive been viewing the addison area and irving plus theres quite a few nice places i seen online but there just east of 75 which i hear can get bad. also the spring valley area came up in a few searches any information would be helpful. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,779,122 times
Addison - around Addison Circle there are some condos/lofts/apartments. This would be an option as there is a nice park w/ trails and "pet stations" along the sidewalks. Easy walk to a few things. Right by the Dallas North Tollway for an easy commute to work.

Irving - Las Colinas and Valley Ranch areas of Irving. You don't want central Irving. Bit farther from work and no parks w/ the "pet friendly" comforts.

Dallas east of 75-Central - are they right ON 75 or w/in a block or two? Areas around Mockingbird Station and CityPlace are nice. Mockingbird Station is not walking distance to a dog friendly park though.

Spring Valley area of Dallas - no. Lower income, older rundown apartments. Some may look nice on the outside but overall it is not what it appears.

Other areas to look at:
Dallas - Uptown, McKinney Ave, State-Thomas, Victory Park areas.
Plano - downtown Plano. New lofts that have been built. Walkable to a few things but not as many as Addison. Small park close by. Commute down 75-Central or DART train.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:59 PM

5 posts, read 17,613 times
Default mom0f2

thanks for the info. i will start looking in those other areas that you suggested as well

Old 03-06-2007, 09:03 PM

11 posts, read 66,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Addison - around Addison Circle there are some condos/lofts/apartments. This would be an option as there is a nice park w/ trails and "pet stations" along the sidewalks. Easy walk to a few things. Right by the Dallas North Tollway for an easy commute to work.

Irving - Las Colinas and Valley Ranch areas of Irving. You don't want central Irving. Bit farther from work and no parks w/ the "pet friendly" comforts.
I agree with these. Addison seems a bit too long of a commute for my tastes, but is a very 'young professional' part of the area, lots to do there.

I think north Irving (Las Colinas) is a good value (thats where I moved for a year when my annual income was about that amount). There is a pretty nice running trail that runs right behind the downtown Las Colinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas