Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM

4 posts, read 8,671 times

Advertisements

We would LOVE to live in Dallas, M Streets and the area is our ideal. It really can't be beat! The main reason we are looking at Plano and Frisco is for finding jobs. Seems to be much more job growth in the Plano area. Plano seemed to have some nice areas around Legacy, although not half the trees of Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 8,671 times
PS- Sorry to confuse things, my husband is justinkevans, (the original poster,) I didn't realize I was logged into my account. oops

Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,756,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkevans View Post
Also, which companies are currently having steady job growth in the DFW area?
You'll be able to find all of the DFW company info at the link in this previous post of mine:

DFW Corporations

(http://www.dallasnews.com/cgi-bin/2008/scorecard_tables.cgi - broken link)

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-08-2009 at 02:44 AM..

Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 25,558 times
oh that is awesome! thanks!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 AM

434 posts, read 1,476,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkevans View Post
My husband and I are in our late 20's looking to relocate to the Dallas Area. He is looking for HR jobs and I am hoping to substitute teach and eventually get my certification.

We are hoping for a cape cod or tudor style house (not brick!) with a nice yard, trees, and safe. We are able to spend about 250k.

What is the best area for us? We are conservative, about to start a family, we used to live in Uptown and loved the great restaurants, trails, and shops. I guess you could say we have yuppie/suburban tastes? Based on my research Allen, McKinney, or Lakewood/M streets seems to fit the bill.....

We have a great appreciation for old, but remodeled (not problems!) houses, we have to be near healthy food for my husband, parks, good schools, and we love trees and big yards.

We are in the process of applying to jobs but want to make sure we are in the right area.....

Thank you so much for your help
go for Allen. easier commute to the city if you like Dallas. They are going to take over as the shopping mecca from frisco soon with all of their retail development.

I can guarantee you that since you lived in the uptown area and loved that lifestyle you will miss it and it will take some adjusting. You may even want to swing down every now and then to Dallas.

Thats when you will notice that the drive north of 121 is a bear

there is plans for construction on 75 (a 6 year project) which will be a traffic nightmare for folks going home to mckinney.

good luck

I would say lakewood but you may not as much house there as you would compared to your other options..

its pretty much a vanilla world in the northern suburbs so you won't really gain much but maybe a better deal on a house the further north you come but you will sacrifice commute time to Dallas.

buyers remorse...my original realtor tried hard to convince me to move to lakewood when I was moving out of my apartment in Dallas. I ignored her advice and can admit that I now suffer from buyers remorse. Not to say that Frisco is bad but that I should have moved to suit my families lifestyle instead of a bigger home and the "in" town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas