U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 AM

5 posts, read 13,692 times

Advertisements

I am going to be graduating from college soon and moving to Dallas to start my career. In my search for apartments I have found the Legacy Village area and Austin Ranch to be appealing. I will be working in the Parker/Toll Way area and am looking for a place to rent, close to work, which has a lot of other young people and enough to do in order to prevent me from driving downtown every time I want to do something. I was wondering if anyone had any input on these two areas, advantages and disadvantages, or if there was somewhere else I should be looking. Both Legacy and AR have 1/1 apartments for around $750, which is about what I want to spend (less is always better, but I don’t want to live in a slum). I have heard Addison is nice, but prices seem to be a little higher, which I assume is due to the fact that it is closer to downtown. Thanks in advance for the input!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 AM

2,231 posts, read 5,614,121 times
Have you considered the Watters Creek community in Allen? It is also a dense, walkable cluster of shops, cafes, apartments and such, and is similar to, but smaller than, Legacy. It is farther than Legacy or Austin Ranch to the Parker/Tollway area, but is accessible to it by freeway. Its url is Shopping Mall in Dallas | Shopping, Dining and Entertainment Allen, Dallas, Plano.

I like Watters Creek for the amenities. It has a major supermarket in walking distance, a major chain bookstore in walking distance, a Starbucks (of course), plenty of restaurants, and is very close to a larger cluster of town center type shopping that will be in place within the year. Legacy just opened a new bookstore, but still does not have a supermarket you can walk to. Nor does it have a Starbucks. From the looks of their website, Austin Ranch has none of these things.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 AM

93 posts, read 147,442 times
I lived in Austin Ranch for about four years. It was good for the fact that was close to west Plano which allows you access to practically anything you may need. You have access to three different grocery stores, several good restaurants, a couple of gyms, etc. It is a very safe neighborhood. Now for the downside of living at Austin Ranch. Sometimes parking can be an issue. Noise from neighbors can be an issue due to the fact there are many young people living and partying there. I generally have had a good response from management with maintenance issues and neighbor issues. But make no mistake, the property management is all about the money, they like to charge for anything they can charge for. I hope this information is helpful to you. Welcome to DFW, I enjoy living in the Metroplex.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM

176 posts, read 441,178 times
There are some apartments up and down Parkwood near Parker (east of the Tollway). Have you thought about that area?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,523 times
Hey - Austin Ranch has a myspace page - You can ADD it and ask the people who live there if you should to ... [url=http://www.myspace.com/liveworkshopdine]MySpace.com - Austin Ranch - 100 - Female - The Colony, Texas - www.myspace.com/liveworkshopdine[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas