U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,012 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have anything to say about these two schools for their 3K classes, or anything in general. I am torn between them and need some advice. I live at the High 5 area of Dallas/N Lake Highlands, and need something for 3K (three year old) for the 09-10 school year for three days a week all day (9-3 or so). Any advice is appreciated, I've only found good things about both schools.

Thank you - robinturbo
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 AM

264 posts, read 1,135,807 times
My 4-year old goes to Scofield, and we LOVE it! LOVE IT! She loves it, too. Her teachers are so loving as are all the staff members there. The kids in her class are great, she is learning so much, and loves to go to school. She is in the 3K program and will be attending 4K next year (she turned 4 in November). It is a very structured yet nurturing environment. They are having an open house on Thursday at 10:00 am.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,831 times
PLEASE do not send your child to Our Redeemer. I can not say enough about this. There is so much drama between other parents that it is truly distracting to everything else. Certain parents seem to have more control than the officials do, as some always seem to get their own way.

RUN....don't walk.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:27 AM

264 posts, read 1,135,807 times
What did you decide? If you decided on Scofield, I have a very good friend whose son will be in your child's class, and in the afternoon, our kids will be in the same class (they combine 3k/4k in the afternoon - my daughter LOVES haning with the "big kids.")

Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 AM

6,578 posts, read 24,434,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolMomz View Post
PLEASE do not send your child to Our Redeemer. I can not say enough about this. There is so much drama between other parents that it is truly distracting to everything else. Certain parents seem to have more control than the officials do, as some always seem to get their own way.

RUN....don't walk.
Oh, wow, it's not just me, but my issues with the school were not related to parents as I never even knew any of them since I withdrew my child after 7 weeks, but were with the administration and the person playing the roll of teacher in the classroom.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,298 times
I can only speak about our experience but we have been extremely happy at ORLS. The quality of the teachers, administrators and staff has provided a fantastic environment of growth, christian faith and education for our children. We feel very comfortable that our children are learning and growing. Academically they are very competitive and are teaching the whole child-- manners, academics, physical growth and morals.

We have had children in preschool and k-6 school and have not found the "drama" mentioned in this thread but a nurturing and wonderful environment. In fact in all classes we have been the parents, teachers and children have been generally great.

I have never hesitated to recommend and will continue to highly recommend Our Redeemer to all parents who want a quality education in a christian setting.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 4,298 times
Default We love ORLS!

My experience at ORLS has been very positive. I fell in love with the school at an Open House event when I was searching for a preschool. We have been there several years now with absolutely no complaints. My kids love going to school, where they are nurtured and cared for just like they were at home. They are taught according to their levels and the class sizes allow for personal interaction with the teachers when needed. They have exceeded my expectations already, and their test scores prove to be at least a year ahead of their grade levels.

I have not experienced any "drama". People talk and people are sensitive to different issues. I wouldn't let your kids miss out on a wonderful learning experience because of some gossip.

Please go check out the school for yourself. I think you'll be glad you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas