Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 AM

931 posts, read 2,134,109 times

Advertisements

As long as their car is moved once every twenty four hours nothing to worry about. I worked out a deal with my neighbor as he has shade early and we have shade in mid afternoon. We share it.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:28 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ2BMEaz123 View Post
I agree!!! It is extremely rude to park in front of another persons house. The homeowner is the one responsible for taking care of that area you call "public property." The city will even tell you that-at least mine will here in Houston. I believe that the only ones who park in front of other peoples homes are people who have never owned homes with property before, otherwise it would be a different story, and I have never seen a person who parked in front of someones house come back and fix what they have destroyed. NEVER! Anyone rude enough to park in front of someones home deserves just what they get. I personally have keyed a couple of cars for doing just that. It is the same with dogs-people are just f--ing rudeeee! To top it off, these people think they have a right to take their dog in front of your house and let him relieve himself! Imagine that! How sorry can trailer trash get? What people are doing in my area to stop others from parking in front of their homes is putting out big blocks or bricks by the street to block them from parking there. Some of you might try that-it does work!
Keying? What a coward! If you had a spine, you should wait for them to show up and just pummel them for being sooo ruuuuude. It will be much more satisfying. Especially after destroying the street.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:41 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Such as old thread......but I did have this happen to me and when it became a daily thing I would turn on the curb sprinkler system zone and give that car a good soaking. Very soon the problem started parking in front of another neighbor's house.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:46 AM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
Quote:
I agree!!! It is extremely rude to park in front of another persons house. The homeowner is the one responsible for taking care of that area you call "public property." The city will even tell you that-at least mine will here in Houston. I believe that the only ones who park in front of other peoples homes are people who have never owned homes with property before, otherwise it would be a different story, and I have never seen a person who parked in front of someones house come back and fix what they have destroyed. NEVER! Anyone rude enough to park in front of someones home deserves just what they get. I personally have keyed a couple of cars for doing just that. It is the same with dogs-people are just f--ing rudeeee! To top it off, these people think they have a right to take their dog in front of your house and let him relieve himself! Imagine that! How sorry can trailer trash get? What people are doing in my area to stop others from parking in front of their homes is putting out big blocks or bricks by the street to block them from parking there. Some of you might try that-it does work!
You don't happen to be a Houston judge, right?
Judge Caught On Tape, Charged - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston (http://www.click2houston.com/news/19793585/detail.html - broken link)

Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,745,747 times
The posts in here are hilarious. I especially like the ones about Carrollton. Its amazing how fond people are of the parking in front of their homes in that town and how quickly they post notes and complain to the PD about people who park there.

Quote:
Just imagine what your neighbors say behind your back. Or what their reaction would be if they see that your place is on fire or being robbed while you were gone or someone is bullying your kids or stealing your car. Having been harassed by such busybodies in the past, my approach is to shut my blinds and turn up the TV.

And don't ask me for a job or a summer position for your son. Don't send me your resume because I entered your name into a number of "do not hire" databases. And you 'd better not make a code violation. I carry a camera just to make sure your life turns into a living hell due to anonymous tips. And that for sale sign on your lawn - everytime I see the realtor come by, I go outside with a beer and a dirty wife-beater.

I believe in Karma because Karma makes itself.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM

621 posts, read 1,332,699 times
If they are working on a car in front of your house you can have the law make them move. But just parking is another story. I assume parking is allowed by the city, so you cannot do anything about it

Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
In all seriousness, if it bothers you, just talk to them about it. Most of the time, people want to be friends with their neighbors.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Quote:
...How sorry can trailer trash get?...
It could get ugly; I heard about one of those people who would key cars. Imagine that!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 PM
6am

276 posts, read 271,271 times
was in similar situation, if a car was to be perpetually park in front of my house, I rather it be one of mine and that was what I did. I claim the spot daily before they did and after one week, they got the message and now they park anywhere except in front of my house.... I can now get in my driveway easily.

Last edited by 6am; 08-25-2011 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Why does anyone care who parks in front of their house? If you have a driveway or a garage, park there. If you have neither, I can see how it might become problematic...but come on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas