Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 PM

5 posts, read 14,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Seriously? Where were you living in NYC and where in the world are you living in Dallas? We have tons of grocery stores. I can't imagine missing Wonder Bread, but we have it. I haven't bought Entenmann's in years, but we have that too.
Live in zip code 75287 and there is no Wonder Bread or Entenmann around here or Plano, Frisco, Wylie.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 04:58 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl55 View Post
Live in zip code 75287 and there is no Wonder Bread or Entenmann around here or Plano, Frisco, Wylie.......
Don't know about the suburbs, but we do have Wonder Bread in my area. This should make you happy Twinkies maker IBC moving headquarters to Dallas | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/021909dnbusibc.e6dea6.html - broken link)

Old 11-29-2009, 04:59 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Really? I see Entenmann's all the time.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:07 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Really? I see Entenmann's all the time.
Me too. Or at least I know I did in the past.
I haven't bought the brand in so long I decided to check their site, thinking maybe they weren't carrying it in Dallas anymore. They are. You can plug in your zip code and it'll tell you the stores where they have made recent deliveries.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
You CAN find and buy Entenmann's in those cities at the grocery stores. Kroger, Tom Thumb carry the largest selection and SuperTarget carries it as well but not as much. I buy it all the time at the Kroger on 78 in Sachse or the Tom Thumb on Firewheel Pkwy in Garland. Don't know about Ealmart as I don't shop there. You can also buy Wonder bread in all 3 of those stores as well.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Oh, is the Entenmann's store in Richardson still open? I know there were several around as well as Wonder-Hostess stores.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,517,758 times
Quote:
Have you ever lived in NY? Whole Foods, Central Market, Tom Thumb, Kroger, Albertsons, etc... DO NO HAVE the variety that a "typical" NYC grocery store has to offer. BTW there are Whole Foods all over NY and I did't shop there in NY.
And no I didn't live in the South Bronx. I had a co-op with all utilities included and it was still cheaper then apartments I have had in Dallas.
Yes, I lived in Midtown Manhattan from 1989-2000. A typical D'Agostino's or Food Emporium in NYC is much too small to offer the variety that seems to have eluded you in large Dallas groceries. You've obviously never been to Central Market on Lovers @ Greenville if you think they have less variety than a typical NYC grocery store. Of course that would require putting forth some effort on your part. I guess whining about things appeals to you more.

Last edited by Dallas native; 11-30-2009 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 03:30 PM

7 posts, read 14,418 times
Default Relocating prospect to Plano...

Hello..It was great to read your post because I am looking to relocatet o North Dallas area Mis spring erly summer of 2010. And I have family in Allen and they have been trying to get me there since 2003.
I am single no kids and I just finished a course in Medical Billing and now I am on-line doing a Associates Degree in Criminal Justice.
I really was glad to hear what you similar to what my family has told me, I do plan on visiting in Feb or Mar of 2010. I just want to know is there life for singles and a good nite life with Jaz spots or lounges and Poety Spots and things like that. And how is the Markets as far as health food markets and food stands?
As far as employment I will be placing my Resume in some temp agencies just to get my foot in the door somewhere. Right now I am getting good exstinstions from unemployment. So any info you have I would be glad to receive thanks inadvance.
Toshia

Quote:
Originally Posted by badr View Post
Hello all

My wife and I recently moved from Crofton Maryland to Plano, TX. We gathered some intelligence from the area, and we packed everything we could fit on a jetta, and we left maryland like a bat out of hell. We had been having a lot of problms with the Baltimore area, the crimes, the drugs, ugh... horrible even for a couple who have no kids.

Coming to Plano has been a breath of fresh air. In a lot of ways at least...

Its reasonably cheaper here than in Maryland, and much better quality of life, without costing you and arm or a leg. The area we live in, (ridgeview, near independence pkwy) is good for us. We have everything we need close but when we come home there is nothing around, but more homes, apartments, a couple of streetmalls, townshops, etc.

We live in a very nice apartment complex, that is much nicer and cheaper than the one we used to live in Maryland.

The people around the neighborhood are nice, overall people are nice, they actually greet you, open doors for you, its an environment you can easily cope with.

We are a young couple, and when we go out, we can drive to the places that have nightlife and they are no far... We still have to go to museums, or hike around the bunch of parks in the area.

We are renting an apartment right now, but in the future we want to buy a house. I am unsure if it will be in Plano still but not that its bad here or anything bad, its just that we would like to get a property with a big yard. My wife always wanted to have a dog and you need a yard for that... Most houses here have a smallish yard.

Then again, those houses are only in plano, since I have seen houses with bigger yards in Euless and other areas.

The one thing that has made a huge impact for me at least has been finding work. I am an IT Professional, and I used to get calls for projects and assignments in maryland a lot more than I have gotten here, which has been zilch, zero, nada... A friend of mine that is a local insists its because this is "Corporate America" and my resume apparently looks too menacing for here. Meh. I used to work for goverment, i have a clearance, I have a lot of experience in my field, and I have listed my resume over 100 times and have only gotten 1 call that has gone cold already.

Its frustrating, because we are living out of our savings, and we have been here just one month and I still have not been able to find work in my field of expertise. Its the only thing I havent liked so far. I'm hoping It changes soon or else we are going to be in serious trouble...

But quality of life speaking, we love it here.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:36 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
If you're single you are going to want to live in the city of Dallas, not in the suburbs like Allen.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:07 PM

436 posts, read 1,348,124 times
My parents live in 75248 (Far North Dallas, just west of Richardson) and my dad always keeps a box of those waxy chocolate Entenmann's donuts in the garage fridge. Makes me think they must be stocked somewhere in the neighborhood...Tom Thumb at Campbell/Coit, Central Market at Bush/Coit, Kroger at Campbell/Preston or Belt Line/Coit? I have a huge sweet tooth and I'd rather eat nothing than eat those donuts. Ick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas