Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,101 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

n00b here. I did a search, but didn't see any comparisons in the Frisco area. If so, please post threads for me. TIA!

Currently have Reliant, but it looks like they are bumping up my Avg Price/kWh....

I would like to have my kWh fixed. 3 months and 6 months are too short for me, so I'm thinking of going with the 1 year....or does it matter?

Went to the above site and here are the choices I have ranging in low kWh:

Champion Energy Services
Kinetic Energy
Amigo Energy
StarTex Power
Cirro Energy
Dynowatt
Simple Power
YEP
Ambit Energy
Stream Energy

Has anyone heard/used any of these? What's the difference in all of them? Customer service? Quality? Don't they all use TXU Oncor?

And what is Renewable Energy Content?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
It doesn't matter who you sign up with as all customer service issues go through Oncor/TXU. You just need to check to see if you have to sign a contract and what happens if you break the contract early. You might move or see a lower rate and need to cancel.

The ones that power windmills and such will cost more, but the electricity still comes from the exact same place.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,040 times
Default Answers to your energy questions

You may have long since found the answers to these questions, but wanted to offer more detail. Moderator cut: no advertising Here is what you need to know:

1. You are correct in that any retail provider you select will still use Oncor to service the lines, read the meter and respond to any emergencies. They do this for all retail providers. In changing retail providers, all that changes is who sends the bill and how much you pay.

2. Renewable energy means that the energy that your retail provider is contributing to the energy pool for the supplier (Oncor in this case) has been produced using a certain amount of renewable energy (wind, hydro or solar). It is still pooled together with other energy and delivered across the grid. It doesn't mean the energy coming to your house specifically is renewable, just that the energy your provider contributed to the pool on your behalf was.

3. Customer service will vary from company to company and you will find customers that have had good and bad experiences with every retail provider. You should check out the provider with the Dallas BBB. Ambit is a participating business and has an A- rating as of the time of this post.

Moderator cut: no advertising

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-13-2009 at 06:58 AM..

Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM

4 posts, read 15,010 times
Bump. Any of those above listed any good? I'm getting quotes on powertochoose of 9.3 to 9.4 cents/kwh for a 12 month contract. Many have the same price.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:16 PM

71 posts, read 289,981 times
you don't have a choice in Frisco...the only company you can use is Co-Serve, which is a co-operative....

Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 AM

4 posts, read 15,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman421 View Post
you don't have a choice in Frisco...the only company you can use is Co-Serve, which is a co-operative....
when I go to powertochoose and type my zip code 75035, it gives me a bunch of the above...

Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,519,758 times
I don't think all of Frisco is CoServ. But if you are in a CoServ serviced area, you won't be able to choose since they opted out of deregulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: