Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 PM

7 posts, read 24,513 times

Advertisements

Hi All!
I am so excited to be going to Texas (Dallas on business tomorrow - Monday - I am from the Toronto area. I have actually been reading these boards for about 2 years now...i am staying till saturday.

Anyways, I am going to Dallas for a week, and am looking for stuff to do in the evenings ....yes, I already use the search function on these forums for "things to do in dallas"...but it brought up a lot of results...that resembled nothing what I was looking for....

Can you guys suggest things to do that would get me in Dallas during the evenings? One night, I thought it would be good to go to downtown Dallas, go for something to eat, visit the grassy knoll where JFK got shot? lol...I would like to see the country side of Texas as well....any big farms/ranches with a lot of land where i can see some longhorns? I was also thinking of going to a Dallas Stars game while I am there...and possibly Fort Worth? ..anything that will allow me to see the "real Texas".....

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

Last edited by houstoner; 03-22-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Thread moved from Texas forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 04:40 PM

492 posts, read 959,602 times
There might not be too much to do downtown in the evenings but go to the West End for restaurants. Try Tony Roma's for some ribs... and that romA's not the QB. You can also go to Dirty Dicks' for some noise and drinks.

The grassy knoll is only a coupla blocks from there. You might see me on my bicycle behind the picket fence, watching the tourists. From the grassy knoll you can look up at the School Book Depository and see the red circle on the sixth floor window - right end, the supposed location of Oswald.

For some sight seeing go to the east side of Dallas at the convention center to see the bronze cattle drive memorial. And you and go to Las Colinas William's Square to see the bronze Mustangs. Each is impressive in intent as well as art.

Grab a friend and head up to Chuy's on McKinney at Knox for an eclectic Mexican food experience and say hello to Elvis.

And if you have some spare daytime, you can head out to where ever it is that was the setting for the Ewing Ranch for the series Dallas.

Better check bookings for Stars games in advance, so not to be disappointed.

Enjoy your visit.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,348,397 times
Top 100 Ft Worth/Dallas attractions.
Guidelive.com

Dallas Events, Hotels, Meetings, Shopping, Dining, and More! - VisitDallas.com

Dallas Stars play Vancouver on Tuesday at American Airlines Center 7:30PM, they are at home all week.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/hockey/stars/schedule/ (broken link)

Last edited by First24; 03-22-2009 at 05:17 PM..

Old 03-22-2009, 07:14 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,449,396 times
pegasusnews.com always has a listing of daily happenings on the right side of any given page.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:58 PM

113 posts, read 391,946 times
Visit North of Texas Motor Speedway, You will see farms, land, land more land and steer and cows off 407 all day long. Downtown Ft worth might be better to visit then Dallas.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,505,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeboer View Post
Hi All!
I am so excited to be going to Texas (Dallas on business tomorrow - Monday - I am from the Toronto area. I have actually been reading these boards for about 2 years now...i am staying till saturday.

Anyways, I am going to Dallas for a week, and am looking for stuff to do in the evenings ....yes, I already use the search function on these forums for "things to do in dallas"...but it brought up a lot of results...that resembled nothing what I was looking for....

Can you guys suggest things to do that would get me in Dallas during the evenings? One night, I thought it would be good to go to downtown Dallas, go for something to eat, visit the grassy knoll where JFK got shot? lol...I would like to see the country side of Texas as well....any big farms/ranches with a lot of land where i can see some longhorns? I was also thinking of going to a Dallas Stars game while I am there...and possibly Fort Worth? ..anything that will allow me to see the "real Texas".....

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Welcome to Dallas! If you want to see a Stars game, they are playing this Tuesday and Thursday at the American Airlines Center downtown Dallas Stars - Schedule: 2008-2009 Regular Season Schedule/Results (http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule - broken link). If you are planning to visit the Sixth Floor Museum The Sixth Floor Museum - Home, it closes at 6pm daily. The "grassy knoll" next to it never closes and there are always tourists. If you're on expense account, you might want to try these downtown Dallas restaurants: Stephan Pyles Restaurant | Home (http://www.stephanpyles.com/index.asp - broken link), CharliePalmer : Charlie Palmer at The Joule, New Details on Puck's Five-Sixty | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.

If you're not on expense account, then there are plenty of more affordable things to do and places to eat nearby in Uptown Dallas Uptown Dallas - Main.

If you're a culture ho, then be sure to visit the Nasher Sculpture Center in the Dallas Arts District downtown Nasher Sculpture Center - Home or the King Tut Exhibit next door at the DMA Dallas Museum of Art - Home.

If you're a male seeking more salacious acitivity, Dallas is well known for its stripper bar district along NW Highway The Lodge Dallas TX Dining Adult Cusine Entertainers VIP Members Only Sports The Best Men's Club in the USA Gentlemen Classy Business Luxury mens clubs lap dance. Or, if you're into gay boys, go to any of the bars on Cedar Springs road in nearby Oak Lawn Party at the block.

Above all, if you're staying outside of LBJ freeway (I-635) or in any of the suburbs, please don't think that those places are representative of Dallas. You must come towards downtown to find the real Dallas! Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas