Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 06:05 AM

473 posts, read 1,199,714 times

Advertisements

I have narrowed down to Flower Mound as one of the cities for buying a house (Wellington Sub Division) due to the kids/ family neighbourhood, open areas for trails/biking/running, local ameneties and walking proximity to schools for my kids. My work is in North Fort Worth (820 & 35) so the 25 mile distance taking FM 1171 and 35E S is fairly smooth (very less traffic).
However i do realize that in future i might change jobs and might land up anywhere in the DFW area. I am new to DFW areas and have heard from some old postings that getting in/ out of FM takes time. I want to take the CURRENT feedback from FM residents and folks who have friends in FM areas on the following:

1> What is your experience of the drive time/ traffic from FM to areas like Downtown / Plano ? How much time it takes in peak hours ( 7- 9 AM ) and (5-7 PM) from Wellington to 21 Junction (once i reach 21 Junction i guess traffic is same for everyone on either sides) or to 35E S towards Downtown.

2> Can anyone give an insight of what they think might be the possible future plans of Flower Mound City for commercial/ residential/ roads expansion. Will my investment hold or increase value?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help and feedback !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas