Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 AM

212 posts, read 1,153,945 times

Advertisements

The Drees in that area are the Meridian community. Centex is the main builder in that community, but they've been sold out for about a year- they occasionally come up for resale, but not for $70/sq ft. You'd have to buy in The Colony to get a price that low in the area.

Castle Hills can charge $100/sq ft, which is higher than areas just a few blocks north, because of what you get for living in that community- parks, playgrounds, pools, etc. The schools are also very good- although the new areas aren't zoned to Castle Hills Elem., but to Independence which is new.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the floorplans being advertised in the new Castle Hills area that starts in the $190's. It was several weeks ago, but from what I remember all but 1 plan had master bedroom up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 PM

8 posts, read 35,064 times
Thank you all for your answers and private messages and letting me know to be more cautious about this community and buying a home in general in this economy of droping home values and high inventory particularly in north dallas suburbs !!

highly appreciate it

best regards & thanks

Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 PM

68 posts, read 233,369 times
Most Drees homes should not even be in the same category as Centex. Two totally different products. Drees has better features, and detail, while Centex focuses on most sq. ft. for the money. American Legend builds a good home. We have sold 5-6 in the past couple of years and have had no complaints at all!! CH is probably a better investment, because homes seem to hold value better based on recent comps..

Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,748 times
We were looking to downsize from our 4000 square foot Dree's home in Carrollton, and we bought an American Legend home in CH North. Very pleased with the the 2650 sq. foot home that purchased at a base of 250K. We added about $40000 in upgrades, with the 18 inch tiles, custom lighting & back splashes, hand scraped wood floors, extended porch, upgraded lighting & fixtures, custom door, and much more. With the upgrades, the Inside has a very custom look.

I like the location of CH North (right off 121) better than being in the central Castle Hill locations, with quicker access to airport, and being 6 minutes from Vista Ridge or Frisco malls. Our Utility bills went from $900/month to less than 300/month with the Am Legend radiant barrier installation and high efficiency ACs.

CH North's 40 and 50 foot lots were exactly what we were looking for, since our kids are gone. I don't miss my swimming pool and larger yard, at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas