U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM

254 posts, read 927,138 times

Advertisements

I need opinions on these three districts. They are the only three on the NW side of town that offer orchestra. The job will be in Grand Prairie. If anyone knows of another district besides Arlington and those mentioned above that offers orchestra please let me know.

thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 02:57 PM

77,805 posts, read 94,646,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincylifer View Post
I need opinions on these three districts. They are the only three on the NW side of town that offer orchestra. The job will be in Grand Prairie. If anyone knows of another district besides Arlington and those mentioned above that offers orchestra please let me know.

thanks
wow, nice long commute. I hope someone can help you..I don't think Arlington would be as bad, but am not sure.

Nita

Old 04-10-2009, 03:11 PM

5,174 posts, read 12,409,223 times
All three of those area's would be pretty good commutes. Have you tried Keller or Mansfield. They are much closer than those areas listed. HEB would not be to bad but Lewisville and Carrolton/Farmers Branch would be long commutes.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
All three of those area's would be pretty good commutes. Have you tried Keller or Mansfield. They are much closer than those areas listed. HEB would not be to bad but Lewisville and Carrolton/Farmers Branch would be long commutes.
Keller doesnt offer orchestra, my husbands job is in GP, and I may have contract work in Westlake, so Mansfield would make that commute unbearable. I am also hearing mixed reviews on Mansfield schools. Anyone care to comment?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 PM

709 posts, read 3,289,246 times
CFB would be a long commute however a lot of people do it everyday. CFB offers a wonderful orchestra program. Matter of fact one of the best.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:18 AM

38,280 posts, read 42,985,050 times
The HEB location would work best for both work locations. The drive to GP should be fairly easy since you'll be going against traffic. Also the new Toll way should be open going down that way in the next year.

Depending on your price range I really like Euless & Bedford. Bedford is a liitle higher end homes but both cities are nice with all the good trees & good schools.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:16 AM

33,346 posts, read 52,836,829 times
check out my post on your other thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 PM

10,868 posts, read 23,440,876 times
HEB will be a lot easier for both GP and Westlake commutes. I honestly could not imagine driving from Carrollton to GP every day...

Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
HEB will be a lot easier for both GP and Westlake commutes. I honestly could not imagine driving from Carrollton to GP every day...
how long is the commute from carrollton to GP?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM

33,346 posts, read 52,836,829 times
it all depends on where you start and stop--lots of variables--because there is more than one way depending on where you live and where your husband works--I would think it would be about a 40 min commute each way just judging by general info
Google up a map and see since you should know the location of your husband's job site and your contract work how far apart they might be...find the jr high that has orchestra to start with...
you can choose
going S on I-35 to Loop 12 or turning E on 183 and then S on 360 to 30 or 20 and the cross street to the job site
going on Bush Turnpike to 183/360 S
Pioneer Parkway is busy divided street that has some bad potholes and Main (the old 180) is worse and during heavy rain there are issues with street flooding in some intersections

it just depends...there could be a 15-30 min difference on any route depending on how long it takes you to actually get on the freeway and off it to the job site--there are couple of train tracks that might affect travel time if trains are moving through and there are lights and school zones that might be in service depending on the time

Stemmons I35 is a busy, narrow, congested strip going north or south
Loop 12 going S when I have been on it has not been that busy--but I did not use it in rush hour--there are lots of warehouses along it though and they might be working 24/7 shifts--lots of 18 wheelers going through there
there are several UPS/FedEx shipping centers along it and they are busy all the time too

I 30 going through Arlington is still under construction to enlarge it for the new Cowboy stadium use--don't know how far E that construction is happening to mess with anyone come from Dallas into Arlington (which is west of GP)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas