Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 04:20 PM

6 posts, read 11,818 times

Advertisements

and I was shocked by how many single guys (in their 30's/20's) Austin had. I knew that Austin had more men than women (I think it's around 25K more), but I didn't realize it would be that obvious in one weekend. I live in Atlanta now (where the women far outnumber the men) and I swear I got more male attention in one weekend in Austin than I've gotten in two years in Atlanta.

However, (apart from the gender ratio seriously skewed in my favor), I didn't really fall in love with Austin. It didn't really do it for me. I think I need to live in a larger city, like Dallas.

The question is, will I be as pleased with the Dallas demographics as I was with Austin's?

Last edited by libra15; 04-10-2009 at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 05:17 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libra15 View Post
and I was shocked by how many single guys (in their 30's/20's) Austin had. I knew that Austin had more men than women (I think it's around 25K more), but I didn't realize it would be that obvious in one weekend. I live in Atlanta now (where the women far outnumber the men) and I swear I got more male attention in one weekend in Austin than I've gotten in two years in Atlanta.

However, (apart from the gender ratio seriously skewed in my favor), I didn't really fall in love with Austin. It didn't really do it for me. I think I need to live in a larger city, like Dallas.

The question is, will I be as pleased with the Dallas demographics as I was with Austin's?
My guess? sure, as long as you concentrate on an area that attracts a younger crowd: some of the locales near downtown, Addison, etc. Dallas has a lot to offer.

Nita

Old 04-10-2009, 05:24 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Nothing sexier than a beautiful Georgia girl with a great attitude and a big smile. If that sounds like you, you'll love just about anywhere in Texas.

You'll get plenty of Dallas Guy attention. Check their birth certificate and make sure they were born here or been here at least 20 years.

If your a little more country you might check out Ft Worth.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:31 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,340,031 times
From the City-Data directory, Male to Female ratios.

Dallas:
Males: 625,155 (50.4%), Females: 615,344 (49.6%)

Median resident age: 30.5 years; Texas median age: 32.3 years
//www.city-data.com/city/Dallas-Texas.html

Austin:
Males: 382,048 (51.4%), Females: 361,026 (48.6%)

Median resident age: 29.6 years; Texas median age: 32.3 years
//www.city-data.com/city/Austin-Texas.html

Atlanta GA:
Males: 257,687 (49.6%), Females: 261,458 (50.4%)

Median resident age: 31.9 years; Georgia median age: 33.4 years
//www.city-data.com/city/Atlanta-Georgia.html

Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,002 times
Girl I know this is old to be replying too, but Dallas is so boring and bland! I had a horrible time there twice this year. Every guy I met was a D bag and had no substance. It just seemed all they did was drink and talk about how it’s the Mecca of hot girls… Maybe the Mecca of fake girls. Throw em in the pool and see how they really look after spending 3hrs in the mirror. Good luck!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 PM

469 posts, read 882,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna619 View Post
girl i know this is old to be replying too, but dallas is so boring and bland! I had a horrible time there twice this year. Every guy i met was a d bag and had no substance. It just seemed all they did was drink and talk about how it’s the mecca of hot girls… maybe the mecca of fake girls. Throw em in the pool and see how they really look after spending 3hrs in the mirror. Good luck!
thanks for your input. Next.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:09 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,414,529 times
Quote:
Girl I know this is old to be replying too, but Dallas is so boring and bland! I had a horrible time there twice this year. Every guy I met was a D bag and had no substance. It just seemed all they did was drink and talk about how it’s the Mecca of hot girls… Maybe the Mecca of fake girls. Throw em in the pool and see how they really look after spending 3hrs in the mirror. Good luck!
Fish in cesspools, you'll catch nothing but used TP and old boots

OP, it doesn't matter where you move, there are a myriad of differences in people that are not geographically specific, no one can tell you "go here to meet your dude" cause it'll never be that easy

Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM

647 posts, read 1,416,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
thanks for your input. Next.
Sorry,

I replied to the wrong person.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:18 PM

647 posts, read 1,416,443 times
Quote:
Your obviously not a hot girl LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: