U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:12 AM

342 posts, read 646,234 times

Advertisements

I lived in a few cities in my short life, houston,dallas, baton rouge and new orleans. Out of all of those cities dallas/ north texas police are pathetic and pitty, harrassing people serious racial profiling. The question is it me or, dallas/ north texas police lost the whole protect and serve moral and its like how much money we can make off of these people?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 04:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,532 times
Default hello

From my experience it depends on how you carry yourself. If you are driving around in really dark tint, a minority with a thuggish appearance you will be a magnet for police here (of course). Especially in the small towns where is seems cops are 'bored'. I heard of racial profiling in Denton county area but not so much in the North Dallas area. Well not that i heard of...

There are some small cities (Desoto, Lancaster) where I advise to not even drive your car next door if your inspection sticker just went past due. They are very thorough there.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:52 PM

77,804 posts, read 94,976,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
I lived in a few cities in my short life, houston,dallas, baton rouge and new orleans. Out of all of those cities dallas/ north texas police are pathetic and pitty, harrassing people serious racial profiling. The question is it me or, dallas/ north texas police lost the whole protect and serve moral and its like how much money we can make off of these people?
Can you give any examples???

Nita

Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 PM

5,182 posts, read 12,441,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Can you give any examples???

Nita

Yep this appears to be more of a rant than anything.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:25 PM

4,197 posts, read 14,346,748 times
35 officers have died in the line of duty this year. 134 last year. There are always a few bad apples in every industry, but I don't think it's fair to make a general statement about the entire "North Texas" area.

If I don't have anything to worry about and don't have a guilty conscience, I don't mind being pulled over.

Naima

Old 04-12-2009, 01:38 PM

587 posts, read 1,522,640 times
In Pittsburgh recently there was a shooting of 3 officers. It shocked me to hear that these are their first officers shot in 18 years!! It seems like it happens in Dallas all the time and now to hear your statistic of 134 last year lost in the line of duty. I know they were not all shot, but I'll bet a large % were. I had a high school friend a while back (from Pittsburgh) who had been a police officer in Oak Cliff for two years. He quit because he had two of his partners shot and he said he "just knew I'd be next". He actually said he had some PTSD (post-traumatic stress symptoms) from the whole experience here in Dallas. He went back to Pittsburgh and got a police officer job there and from all reports is doing well.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:36 PM

190 posts, read 401,756 times
you sure about that number?

Dallas Police Department (http://www.dallaspolice.net/index.cfm?page_ID=2041&subnav=51 - broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 04:21 PM

4,197 posts, read 14,346,748 times
Yes I am sure. 35 nationwide this year. Of those, 4 were in Texas which include officer Randy White from Bridgeport PD who died last week in his patrol car after being hit from behind by a stolen car while in a vehicular pursuit.

Naima

Old 04-12-2009, 04:30 PM

190 posts, read 401,756 times
thank you for the clarification

Old 04-12-2009, 06:04 PM

5,872 posts, read 7,520,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcelleste View Post
From my experience it depends on how you carry yourself. If you are driving around in really dark tint, a minority with a thuggish appearance you will be a magnet for police here (of course). Especially in the small towns where is seems cops are 'bored'. I heard of racial profiling in Denton county area but not so much in the North Dallas area. Well not that i heard of...

There are some small cities (Desoto, Lancaster) where I advise to not even drive your car next door if your inspection sticker just went past due. They are very thorough there.

It does happen, even for those who "fit-in". I have dark-tint on my car. I am a minority. Thuggish...not really, but I do tend to intimidate. I live in Collin county.

The thing is though...my car...is a MB. I make over 6 figures a year. And while a little intimidating, all 3 stops in the first 6 months I was wearing a suit, golf attire, and what my friends call my yuppie clothes.

No tickets, no warnings, just questions and half-### attempt to justify the stop(s).

A quick call to city hall fixed it...but it still does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas