Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 07:03 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
joke from my husband who usually forgets the punch line of any he hears at work:

man says "My daddy said that if a black man was ever elected president, pigs would fly...well this week swine flu."

Yep, I've heard that joke this week, and got about 5 or 6 text messages saying the same.

This is a funny thread. Put this in the Atlanta thread, and it would've been either shut down quickly or all the closet supremacists would've come out the woodwork spewing their rhetoric and it would've been a back and forth between everyone.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:03 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
joke from my husband who usually forgets the punch line of any he hears at work:

man says "My daddy said that if a black man was ever elected president, pigs would fly...well this week swine flu."
OMYGOSH!!! I have not heard that one.

And to top it all off.................. he WAS IN Mexico City last week. hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
true, since whites are technically smarter than minorities, they know that shopping online saves them alot of money compared to shopping in the stores.

amazon > bestbuy

I'm black and this post outside of amazon > bestbuy is a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
This is a funny thread. Put this in the Atlanta thread, and it would've been either shut down quickly or all the closet supremacists would've come out the woodwork spewing their rhetoric and it would've been a back and forth between everyone.
Heck, put this in ANY other city and it would have gone off the charts and been a mudslinging fest in 1 page.

One thing I will say about the majority of us over here in the Dallas forum: We have a GREAT sense of humor.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:27 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times
I will go out on a limb here, and venture to guess that actual Caucasians would shop somewhere near the Caucasus Mountains in southern Russia. I have heard that the people there are like 98% Caucasian. You may know them as "Armenians" here in Texas. There is a small Armenian community near Big Town Mall.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM

636 posts, read 1,916,667 times
Which is very close to Bigot Towne Center, which means I was probably right all along. But I digress...

So what you're saying, if I'm hearing this correctly, is that if Scooter really wants to hit his target demographic, he should ideally set up a booth at a flea-market in Southern Russia, or one of the nearby former republics of Russia, correct?

If so, then I think we have one more hurdle, and if we all work together like we have been so far, I think we can lick it in no time:

Scooterskateboard said
Quote:
because i have a little car and i have to bring some of my basic living item and clothes, i can only fit 1 scooter, 1 skateboard, no toy because of bulky, most of semi precious stone jewelry ( because they are small and can sell faster than a scooter), cotton shirt ( as these 2 styles are my last shirts ).
So to summarize: we have established that the Caucasian go shopping in southwest central Asia, but we are faced with the fact that Scooter has small car, and can only carry one mid-range Caucasian skatescooter, some cheap jewelry, some basic living item, etc.

Can anyone here calculate the price point of the Caucasian skatescooter in order for him to make a tidy profit?

Aceplace?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
Can anyone here calculate the price point of the Caucasian skatescooter in order for him to make a tidy profit?
That is good question, but here is a better one:

If Caucasian "A" leaves New York on a skatescooter heading west at 20kph to shop for expensive jewelry, and Caucasian "B" leaves Denver on a skatescooter heading east at 18kph to shop for medium quality cotton shirts, what will be the closest predominantly Caucasian midwestern city when they meet?

Last edited by jobert; 05-01-2009 at 11:52 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post

If Caucasian "A" leaves New York on a skatescooter heading west at 20kph to shop for expensive jewelry, and Caucasian "B" leaves Denver on a skatescooter heading east at 18kph to shop for medium quality cotton shirts, what will be the closest predominantly Caucasian midwestern city when they meet?
I swear that question was on the math TAKS test recently.

Some possibilities would be:
St Louis
Chicago
Indianapolis
Columbus
Dayton
Cincinnati

Of course I did not take into consideration the weather or elevation changes. All of which would need to be calculated in order to come to the right answer.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterskateboard View Post
i have visited the trader village last sunday and big T yesterday. trader village majority are mexician, some black, very little Caucasian.
big T plaza majority are black, ....which swap meet do they go? or they just go to walmart, target, department stores,.... or craft shows, farmer market,....?

in los angeles, there are some street vendors selling in the street o sunday? do they have it here in dfw area?
Why is race important to where you shop?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Why is race important to where you shop?
NOOOOO!!!! We are not going to start all over again are we??? I've got things to do like tear up DART rail lines and blow up buses. After I dispose of all of the leeches that use it.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 PM

636 posts, read 1,916,667 times
That's a farging trick question!!!

Well, let's see: plotting a line directly between NYC and Denver, and measuring 1380Km from NYC, we find that the skatescooter headed to find expensive jewelry (and headed AWAY from the Diamond District!) is almost to Omaha. Just in time to enjoy the Caucasian steak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post

Old 05-01-2009, 12:15 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I swear that question was on the math TAKS test recently.

Some possibilities would be:
St Louis
Chicago
Indianapolis
Columbus
Dayton
Cincinnati

Of course I did not take into consideration the weather or elevation changes. All of which would need to be calculated in order to come to the right answer.
As they teach for the TAKS, we should start ruling answers out. Just checked census figures for Chicago, 41.9% Caucasian, therefore we probably want to rule out selling Caucasian skatescooters in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas