Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 AM

10 posts, read 40,484 times

Advertisements

Hi

We have a home in Plano with 7 year old twin boys. We need more room but options here in Plano for new build are very limited. We would like to remain in the Plano ISD.

Does anybody have any opinions on Murphy, in particular the Rolling Ridge development. We are looking at building with Grand Homes.

Any comments welcome.

Many thanks

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Rolling Ridge is a nice area. It's were Dateline did their sting for To Catch a Predator.

Keep in mind that with Grand homes you're paying for the name Grand, but you need to watch the quality going into the house. Looks can be deceiving for some. And please don't fall for the "free" pool. It's not free! It's all part of the price you're paying, and then they only credit you $12k if you opt to not have the pool.

I think there are other builders over there offering more for the money, but Grand is a good builder if it's their flloorplan you've fallen in love with.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Find a different builder. Stay away from Grand. There are plenty of much better builders in the Murphy area.

As for Murphy.......... LOVE IT!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Find a different builder. Stay away from Grand. There are plenty of much better builders in the Murphy area.

As for Murphy.......... LOVE IT!

I second that!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:13 PM

10 posts, read 40,484 times
Well, we're off to the Grand Homes Design Center later today.

Which other builders would you recommend. There dosen't appear to be that many options in our price range of mid $300k.

Staying in the Plano ISD is very important so Maxwell Creek is out.

My future wife has fallen in love with the turret design, the $20,000 upgrade.

Paul

Old 04-28-2009, 01:13 PM

107 posts, read 354,628 times
well, I am a former owner of grand homes, if you search craigslist you can usuall find a real estate agent offering a 50% rebate on any new home you purchase, so with that said... check out craigslist get an agent and get some money back at closing! do i like grand homes and the people that work for them- no! well i like one of em. do i like my big house built by grand-yes! would i buy from grand agin-i would have to think about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: