Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I have spent summers in both places and there is no contest... it is a lot hotter for a lot longer in Texas. One of the reasons I left the state.
It's hot in Texas, but in Georgia that heat is combined with too much humidity, soa summer in Texas(Dallas-FTW at least) is more comfortable that a summer in GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 04:35 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_evergreen View Post
It's hot in Texas, but in Georgia that heat is combined with too much humidity, soa summer in Texas(Dallas-FTW at least) is more comfortable that a summer in GA.
That is so funny you should say that. I have a friend who lives in Marietta now but is from Texas. He tells me Marietta has the ideal weather and even though about 6 weeks in the summer is totally unbearable, it doesn't compare to the heat and how it goes on forever in TX.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:47 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,130 times
ok newsflash!!! I just saw the weather. The high on Saturday is only going to be 47!!! 54 on Easter. At least that's what they are saying today. lol I'd hate to be a weather man in Texas .......

Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
That is so funny you should say that. I have a friend who lives in Marietta now but is from Texas. He tells me Marietta has the ideal weather and even though about 6 weeks in the summer is totally unbearable, it doesn't compare to the heat and how it goes on forever in TX.
I've seen the Weather Channel's averages for Marietta. Marietta is a town that on average cools off really fast at night compared to Atlanta. Marietta's warmest month averages 89 F in the day but 66 F at night. Atlanta also averages 89 F in the day but only cools to 71 F at night. I'm thinking maybe because of altitude, wind patterns and possibly less paved surfaces.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Default Possible SNOW Saturday night?? NWS says maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
ok newsflash!!! I just saw the weather. The high on Saturday is only going to be 47!!! 54 on Easter. At least that's what they are saying today. lol I'd hate to be a weather man in Texas .......
The National Weather Service on their website is toying with the idea that even some snow could fall in northern and western areas of North Texas (DFW area even) Saturday night! Lows are pegged to fall close to freezing in the northern suburbs that night too. Highs Saturday in the 40s would make that day one of the coldest April days ever since record keeping began in the DFW region in the 19th Century. Only 13 other days in April, through the years, have ever had highs staying in the 40s as will most likely happen this weekend!

Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I've seen the Weather Channel's averages for Marietta. Marietta is a town that on average cools off really fast at night compared to Atlanta. Marietta's warmest month averages 89 F in the day but 66 F at night. Atlanta also averages 89 F in the day but only cools to 71 F at night. I'm thinking maybe because of altitude, wind patterns and possibly less paved surfaces.

Yes, that makes sense, and it's closer to the mountains in North GA as well. Good point, CC. Sometimes even just a few miles apart can make a huge difference.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
The National Weather Service on their website is toying with the idea that even some snow could fall in northern and western areas of North Texas (DFW area even) Saturday night! Lows are pegged to fall close to freezing in the northern suburbs that night too. Highs Saturday in the 40s would make that day one of the coldest April days ever since record keeping began in the DFW region in the 19th Century. Only 13 other days in April, through the years, have ever had highs staying in the 40s as will most likely happen this weekend!

Yippee, and I hope we have the "coldest" summer on record in 2007.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:51 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Default coldest summer on record!

Amen to that!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:08 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

Yippee, and I hope we have the "coldest" summer on record in 2007.
We don't need any more cold; we get quite a few summer afternoons in the 60's F even in a normal year.
Our "hotter" than normal summers actually help most of the farmers. (provided it doesn't get too dry.)

How about a swap with southern Ontario?

Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
Speaking of cold. Someone said it could get down into the 30s this weekend.

Wasssupp with that ? I can't complain though, the last few months have been very pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas