Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 PM

32 posts, read 85,438 times

Advertisements

Shaddock Creek in Frisco is great neighborhood - very kid friendly and since it is a new subdivision, lots of pot lucks, bunco and pool parties and it is also a great location. Panther Creek has many foreclosures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 06:45 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilani327 View Post
Panther Creek has many foreclosures.
Panther Creek has 1 foreclosure
The Dominion at Panther Creek has 1 foreclosure
The Village at Panther Creek has 1 foreclosure

2 of these had multiple offers on them. I don't think they will last long on the market.

I hardly see that as "many foreclosures".

Naima

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureDFWnewbie View Post
Thanks for the info. I checked out the house before on a website-looks pretty nice. Yes, willowbend is on our list to keep looking at--that would be prefect if only the homes were a bit newer/updated.

We're also considering Castle Hills. Any thoughts on that?
Castle Hills is a great neighborhood for young families, and it's not quite as far as Frisco. It's centrally located on 121, and very near West Plano and amenities like the Shops at Willow Bend.

I don't know anyone who lives in the neighborhood who dislikes it, and I've worked up there the last four summers, without living in the neighborhood, and it's a great place to work. It's getting built out fast though, so if you're looking for a custom home you may not have much luck or choice of lots, but I know a lot of homes are starting to be sold by the original owners so you may have more luck there.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Panther Creek has 1 foreclosure
The Dominion at Panther Creek has 1 foreclosure
The Village at Panther Creek has 1 foreclosure

2 of these had multiple offers on them. I don't think they will last long on the market.

I hardly see that as "many foreclosures".

Naima

Dominion at my last count had at least 12 foreclosures as of last week. Panther creek (N. side of Eldorado) had 14 as of last week.

Nice area, not far from everything you'll need in Frisco (15 minutes from Tollway & 121). However the sub-divisions have gone south quickly in my opinion. The yards are somewhat well kept. However the amenities have really lost the plot. There is no over seed or even weed prevention going on. The playgrounds while new appear weathered and uncared for. There does not seem to be a uniform method to the HOA, or how they apply/enforce landscaping and yard maintenance.

There are some really nice homes here. However, these two areas are one of the more severely hit w/ the economic downturn we are currently experiencing. However if the amenities don't bother you, then you can get a great deal right now in these areas.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Dominion at my last count had at least 12 foreclosures as of last week. Panther creek (N. side of Eldorado) had 14 as of last week.
Can you please tell me what you are using as your source for those 12 & 14 foreclosures? I can't find more than 3. I am using the MLS and a loss mitigation database.

Please feel free to PM with with the websites you are using if it's again the TOS to post them here.

Thanks.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Sure a few things:

realtytrac, dfwforeclosures, the county clerk list. The clerk foreclosure list is going to be your best source if you do the leg work, so that you can literally be ahead of the competition. The prices being sold on the step are much, much better than waiting for them to be listed. Sometimes 15-20% better, sometimes only 5, but if you're buying a big home that 5% becomes a large amount.

Now as naima pointed out, there are contracts on a couple of those foreclosures, and I know of two as of this morning that are outdated (when I called about them to verify status - closed last week).

However, there are quite a few that have just not made it onto the MLS for whatever reason. There is the trustee info w/ the county clerk that is filed, and contact can be made directly to the bank through them. It's how I was able to get 3 of mine, relatively cheap and turn 'em over before the price increases were made after the assignment of a realtor/agent.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
However, there are quite a few that have just not made it onto the MLS for whatever reason.
RealtyTrac lists homes that are in default. Not necessarly a foreclosure. If someone is behind on their mortgage payment and a NOD is filed (Notice Of Default), RealtyTrac lists it as a foreclosure right away.

They also list the lowest of the 2 lien amounts if there are 2, not the primary lien holder.

IMO, RT is a waste of money to subscribe to because you have to spend too much time weeding through the listings evaluating which one is a real foreclosure vs. just a late payment. Most of them never get foreclosed on.

I also agree with you that for the best deal, getting the home at the courthouse steps is the way to go after doing due dilligence.

Naima

Old 04-30-2009, 02:02 AM

RT lists all reporting methods. Yes, they do list NOD's, but that is so that you might approach a possible seller to help them get out from under. The also list NTS, as well as actual Foreclosures. The 12 to 14 properties I mentioned were ALL foreclosures, not NOD's.

RT also lists WHO the lien holderS are in their information.

Is it a lot of info? Sure. But like anything you have to be able to weed through it, and use it to your advantage. And believe me 99% of those right now in this climate, getting NOD's & NTS notices will within 60 days be at the court house steps.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 PM

85 posts, read 217,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamsite View Post
Dominion at Panther Creek, off Eldorado between Hillcrest and Preston.
Darling and Grand Homes (not so high on Grand but Darling is stellar). City park in the middle of the sub with playground equipment, basketball court, pavillion.

Greenbelt lots available. Community pool and new Elementary school.
We're looking at the Panther Creek area as well. Any more information about the area? How would the commute to Northwest Hwy and N. Dallas Toll Rd be?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 PM

If you're set on Panther Creek then the Toll road to NW Hwy in the mornings before 7:30am will be a breeze. After 7:30 and you better hope you don't have to be there 'till 9am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas