U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,166,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsez View Post
Racer....make sure you never steal again. Ever in your life. From anyone. Then, you will be fine.It's a Christian trait.
Um, it's a good human being trait not a "christian" trait. I'm not christian and I've never stolen in my life. Being a good human being means not stealing--has nothing to do with whether you are "Christian."
Rate this post positively

Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 PM

587 posts, read 1,515,872 times
About 2 years ago, my friend's teenage daughter stole a <$10 item from Claire's and got caught. They prosecuted and she had to pay a fine and do community service. For the past 2 years, my friend (the parent) has been getting letters and phone calls from Claire's trying to get anywhere from $100 - $500 from them - she said the amount varies each time they call. I guess that is what someone is referring to as a civil demand? They haven't paid since they feel their daughter paid her dues by paying the court a fine and doing community service, but my friend wonders how long they will keep calling and writing letters.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM

7 posts, read 21,514 times
I truly hope you learn from this because if you were a friend of mine you would no longer be one.
It isn't that I'm holier than thou and in fact i don't believe in sky daddy, but I have no use for thieves and liars. There was a time i was willing to overlook such indiscretions but no longer.
I know more people who lie and steal as if it's their god given right to take whatever they can get. I don't buy it.
I've lived poor all of my life and could have self justified stealing many times and in fact many times I even considered it and even hung out with thieves for a period in life, but now when I know someone is a thief, no matter how minor they may think it is, even a pack of gum it's still tells me they will steal whenever they think nobody is looking. If they will steal from walmart they will steal from me, you or anyone else and never once give it a second thought until they get caught then somehow it all gets justified by saying the other party has more than me so i deserve it.
I sell scrap metal for a living and make maybe $30 a day jumping in other peoples garbage, but just the other day my tire blew out on my truck so I had to leave it sit till I could find another tire. Naturally someone stole the few tools i had in the truck that allowed me to earn my meager $30 a day. They don't only steal from people with plenty of money. They steal from ANYONE and take ANYTHING not nailed down because they can...no other reason. Now I am missing two air tanks and a bag of tools. i hope the air tanks explode and blow their f*cking heads off.
I have zero sympathy for thieves..None whatsoever. It's ruined my way of making an honest living and the copper thieves have ruined my livelihood more ways than i can begin to tell here.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,520,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
You know what bothered me about that story... the guy/girl NEVER attempted to steal anything!!

She was carrying the backpack on her back, in the normal way, in order to free her arms to carry other things...

Personally, I would have gotten an attorney and possibly, even, may have attempted to charge Walmart with harrassment. Seriously, if someone is going to try to steal something, are they going to carry it right out past the cashier that JUST TOOK THEIR PAYMENT for ALL the other goods they had with them?????

This was wrong, plain and simple.... and Walmart should know (and probably does know) that it was WRONG WRONG WRONG....

Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 AM

5,595 posts, read 10,595,391 times
hmmm,

banned from Wal-Mart.

All Wal-Marts.

For Life.

So what is the downside in this?

That is a lot to like.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 PM

424 posts, read 1,720,376 times
Default Walmart stinks anyway

Still, stealing is wrong. I'll bet only 1 in 10 get caught stealing from Walmart.

Here's my opinion: You are better off white collar stealing...it seems to be easier and overlooked for many years (i.e. Bernie Nadoff, Enron). You are better off drinking and driving in TX because most of the time you never get caught...or if you do rarely will you be prosecuted...and if you are just get a good lawyer. You are better to live illegally here in the US because your kids can get free lunches and you can earn cash while not paying taxes. You are better off being an elected official because you can steal a lot of cash and maybe redistribute it (possibly skim some off the top...or even redistribute it for a social program).

But, be aware that if you are a legal citizen and steal from Walmart your punishment will be worse than if you did the above. (Bernie Nadoff's problem was that he did not quit while he was ahead.)

BTW: The greatest asset in your life will be your morality and the way you choose to live. Good ethics will carry you a long way in your life.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:22 PM

61,303 posts, read 81,287,342 times
he did you a giant favor.
you dont have record. you owe walmart big time. i suspect you have dont this b4. its not 1st time.
get some help counseling so forth compulsive behavior.
pay special attention to who you hang out with.
i strongly suspect this has not been a life changing event for you as nothing really happened.
most young people thing tattoos are temporary.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 AM

3,852 posts, read 12,214,792 times
slap on the wrist, don't worry about it. They're just trying to prevent you from doing it again.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 PM

77,808 posts, read 94,262,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Um, it's a good human being trait not a "christian" trait. I'm not christian and I've never stolen in my life. Being a good human being means not stealing--has nothing to do with whether you are "Christian."
I am a Christian and I agree with your 110%. Being a good human is enough to keep us from stealing. It is a moral issue, not a religious issue.

Nita

Old 08-09-2009, 12:06 PM

77,808 posts, read 94,262,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renlouis View Post
About 2 years ago, my friend's teenage daughter stole a <$10 item from Claire's and got caught. They prosecuted and she had to pay a fine and do community service. For the past 2 years, my friend (the parent) has been getting letters and phone calls from Claire's trying to get anywhere from $100 - $500 from them - she said the amount varies each time they call. I guess that is what someone is referring to as a civil demand? They haven't paid since they feel their daughter paid her dues by paying the court a fine and doing community service, but my friend wonders how long they will keep calling and writing letters.
Isn't that harrassment? I would call the police.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: