U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,437,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
If you get arrested for theft, good luck working for any major corporation ever in your lifetime. They do background checks, some even fingerprinting and applicants lose out on jobs because of theft crimes committed when a teenager - even if it's 20-30-40 years in the future.

Not true..Most employers in most states don't go back further than 7-10 years. I think Texas has this same restriction but caps the income levels, then it no longer applies.

I know this not because I stole and needed to know it for that reason, but because I work in healthcare and the industry does background checks.

To the OP, aside from being really odd you felt the need to post this here, don't steal. Not simply because it is wrong, but because it's also not fair to all the hard working folks who choose to (in good conscience) pay for their belongings.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,489 times
DONT SCREW WITH WAlMART!THEY WILL FIND YOU!
THEY WIll STEAL YOUR FIRST BORN CHILD!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 PM

5,098 posts, read 8,167,275 times
Screw Walmart! Stuff those Snickers in your pocket and stick it to The Man!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:58 AM

624 posts, read 1,303,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer350 View Post
i regret doing what i did. and i am probably going 2 regret it for the rest of my life. i have learned a valuable lesson aswell. i went to walmart and i attempted to steal from walmart. the amount of what i tried to steal was 13 dollars btw. as i was leaving a loss and prevention officer and told me to give him the stuff and i gave it back to him. he told me to follow him and i gave him all my information such as my address and my social security number. he told me that i was going to be recieving a letter in the mail from walmart. he also said he was not going to get the police involved in this. so my question is am i going to be fined? if so how big of a fine? and is this going on my permanent record?

i live in texas and im 18 btw.

please help im really scared as to what is going to happen.
Of all places you stole from Walmart? Ha ha just kidding, I wouldn't be to worried just try to clean your criminal history and avoid getting yourself in to these type of situations again, BTW legally you're not suppose to enter any more Walmarts but I'm sure you can go to other ones with no problem.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,975 times
My minor Daughter was in Walmart with a friend. Her friend stole a bottle of eyedrops. Although she did not know she did so, she was in the same isle with her when she took them. Walmart pulled her in with her friend and did not call me, the parent, and told her she is an accompless and will be fined along side her shoplifting friend. I am retaining an attorney.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:56 PM

488 posts, read 512,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzforum View Post
My minor Daughter was in Walmart with a friend. Her friend stole a bottle of eyedrops. Although she did not know she did so, she was in the same isle with her when she took them. Walmart pulled her in with her friend and did not call me, the parent, and told her she is an accompless and will be fined along side her shoplifting friend. I am retaining an attorney.
First, this thread is three years old.

Second, is that according to Walmart, or your daughter? I don't see them stopping your daughter and her friend over a bottle of eye drops. I would be willing to bet it was much more than that, and your daughter was more involved than what you've been told. Was your daughter arrested or given a citation by the police?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,636,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
First, this thread is three years old.

Second, is that according to Walmart, or your daughter? I don't see them stopping your daughter and her friend over a bottle of eye drops. I would be willing to bet it was much more than that, and your daughter was more involved than what you've been told. Was your daughter arrested or given a citation by the police?
I would ask to seethe video if possible.

Anyhow, I remember when they opened our first Super Walmart. It looked like a chain gange! I mean every night for the first week they would have a row of people cuffed and waiting on the police near the front door.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,347,048 times
Walmart loss prevention is a mixed bag.

A friend has a firm that tests Loss Prevention and Walmart is rated below average.

His people once walked out with $50K from one store in one day.

Other stores, they get caught right away.

One place you do not want to try to steal from is Walt Disney.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,636,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
Walmart loss prevention is a mixed bag.

A friend has a firm that tests Loss Prevention and Walmart is rated below average.

His people once walked out with $50K from one store in one day.

Other stores, they get caught right away.

One place you do not want to try to steal from is Walt Disney.
Walt Disney is crazy...hell, they finger print you at the front gate! They say it's for your ticket protection but who knows...

Old 10-09-2011, 06:36 PM

931 posts, read 1,968,326 times
Prosecute thieves it makes us all pay higher prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: