U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 07:57 PM

88 posts, read 209,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GClark View Post
You seem to be more concerned with any potential fine you may need to pay than you are the fact that you broke the law. I think you have missed the point here. Do you think you should pay a fine for what you did? If a fine is imposed, what amount do you think would be fair? Both of those questions are irrelevant. What is relevant is that you did wrong, and you should pay for it in some way. However, given the information you have given, I doubt that any fine will be imposed because you were not arrested. Does that make you feel better? It shouldn't because you should have been more concerned with righting a wrong than what you would be required to do to right that wrong. A fine would still be a blessing for you considering that you could have gone to jail. Numerous posters have told you how lucky you are to have been given a second chance and you are worried about a fine. I don't think you have got it just yet. You better grow up and learn that you are required to take responsibility for your actions in this world. Don't ever let the seriousness of this crime be watered down by time. Remember it, and how lucky you were to have been given a second chance. Be honest and contribute to society from this point forward. You are young, don't screw up your life by tempting fate again.

Gee people, give the kid a break (from lecture). I just got ired of all the lectures. I am not picking on you post, OK?
There are many kind of thieves and his is the least dangerous kind to a society. Not that I am condoning what he did. ut I'd rather point out to him that these days, they have not just security but spies on the floor. Yes, here in a grocery store called Foodsco - I shop there once in a while, they literally have agents on the floo because some low lives would open milk bottles, dink out of it and put the cap back and put it on the shelf. How did I know? One time I bought a gallon of milk and when I got home, that night, I was going to drink and realized that the cap was not sealed and about 4-6 oz of milk was missing. As for the agents, someone I know worked there and told me. They also put a scanner below the cashier counter because some lo lives would hide wine bottles in the baby carriage. Still, one time, this one guy didn't move the baby carraige until after the woman he was with paid and so it scanned and added the amount to the next person's total. When the cahseir realized it, teh guy was already out the door. Security went there but he said he brought it from home. This story was conveyed to me by my friend who worked there. She has a law degree back home but she got to US late in her life and so worked in the store. She is so sick of those issues there.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 3,898 times
I work loss prevention for walmart and the letter they are gonna send us the civil demand Walmart can and will charge up to 2 times the amount of what was stolen and if not paid will prosecute even for 13 dollars I hate thieves no remorse for any one that steals and don't work for what you get. I hope u learned tour lesson oh and u were. Probly not trespasses we don't. Trespass 1st time offenders unless they run or fight. Good luck sounds like u will need it.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 AM

42,855 posts, read 53,354,948 times
I cannot really add to what others have said. This is a life lesson that you should learn from. You almost ruined your reputation and chances for employment FOREVER by this one incident.
You sold out your character for $13.00. Pretty cheap.
However, if this lesson saved your future, then it has value and you can be grateful for it.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,420,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I cannot really add to what others have said. This is a life lesson that you should learn from. You almost ruined your reputation and chances for employment FOREVER by this one incident.
You sold out your character for $13.00. Pretty cheap.
However, if this lesson saved your future, then it has value and you can be grateful for it.
Even better post!

Well said

Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Don't steal if u can't afford it u don't need it I work hard everyday as an loss prevention officer and its always I'm sorry no your not sorry your sorry u got caught if u wouldn't have been stopped u been back the next day to steal again. Threshing 2 things I hate one is a lier the other us a thief.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Well said

Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM

19,859 posts, read 61,468,149 times
Umm, this thread is about 3 yrs old. I'm sure the OP has long since learned - or not learned - and found out his consequences.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer350 View Post
i regret doing what i did. and i am probably going 2 regret it for the rest of my life. i have learned a valuable lesson aswell. i went to walmart and i attempted to steal from walmart. the amount of what i tried to steal was 13 dollars btw. as i was leaving a loss and prevention officer and told me to give him the stuff and i gave it back to him. he told me to follow him and i gave him all my information such as my address and my social security number. he told me that i was going to be recieving a letter in the mail from walmart. he also said he was not going to get the police involved in this. so my question is am i going to be fined? if so how big of a fine? and is this going on my permanent record?

i live in texas and im 18 btw.

please help im really scared as to what is going to happen.
Did u get a letter cause i just got caught doing the same thing and they told me everything you just said. so did u get a letter?

Old 04-26-2014, 03:32 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,003,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz247 View Post
Did u get a letter cause i just got caught doing the same thing and they told me everything you just said. so did u get a letter?
Moderator note: This thread was started back in 2009, and the OP has not returned to post since. The topic does not pertain to Dallas, so the thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: