Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I hope you are right. Just banning the op from the store is very little punishment for shop lifting..

Nita
May be an alternative punishment would be for Walmart to employ him.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:24 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
One thing I would say to a young person like you is the most important commodity you have in your life is your resume. Even stealing $5000 is chump change compared to a life's work. Build your resume with work, trust, and good manners. Don't blemish it with shortsighted gratification that will ********* forever. One prison term can result in a different form of life sentence - that being the permanent blacklisting every single time you meet a prospective employer. Who wants to spend eight hours a day which someone who is ethically unstable and speaks gangsta? It takes a lot to recoup that broken trust. Admit and renounce your past deeds. Make up for it with school, good language skills, proper dress, manners, - completely reform. If you can do all that, people can accept your mistakes were in the past. If not, you can sweep the floor. A lifetime of sweeping the floor might be harsher than a year in prison.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:44 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
You are barred from Wallmart. If you go into that store again you will be arrested for trespassing and maybe have a theft charge filed against you from the original incident. You got off easy. Your info has probably been passed to all Walmarts through the system.
Any future background checks will come from crimimal databases, credit agencies, public records, etc.
You probably won't show up on any of that since the police weren't called and you weren't officially prosecuted.
The best way to ruin your future is to think you got away with something and to tempt fate again.
Future employers, creditors, landlords, and so on will not want to give you any slack. Especially with so many honest people who are looking for jobs, homes, loans to buy things.
Anyone with a record will be playing second fiddle even if they are lucky enough to be in the band.
Hopefully you will take the advice thats been given by the posters who responded to your thread and start taking life seriously and be a responsible person and give yourself a chance to succeed in a competitive society. If you don't, you will end up in jail or if you are lucky maybe you will be able to find someone that will let you mow their grass. But they probably won't let you in their house to get a drink of water for fear that you will try to steal something. Right now you are an amateur thief. Don't try to go Pro. The only contract you'll get will be a lifetime of hardship and avoidance.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:06 AM

24 posts, read 137,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer350 View Post
when i say civil demand notice i mean is it going to be a fine?

and thank you pontificator.
You seem to be more concerned with any potential fine you may need to pay than you are the fact that you broke the law. I think you have missed the point here. Do you think you should pay a fine for what you did? If a fine is imposed, what amount do you think would be fair? Both of those questions are irrelevant. What is relevant is that you did wrong, and you should pay for it in some way. However, given the information you have given, I doubt that any fine will be imposed because you were not arrested. Does that make you feel better? It shouldn't because you should have been more concerned with righting a wrong than what you would be required to do to right that wrong. A fine would still be a blessing for you considering that you could have gone to jail. Numerous posters have told you how lucky you are to have been given a second chance and you are worried about a fine. I don't think you have got it just yet. You better grow up and learn that you are required to take responsibility for your actions in this world. Don't ever let the seriousness of this crime be watered down by time. Remember it, and how lucky you were to have been given a second chance. Be honest and contribute to society from this point forward. You are young, don't screw up your life by tempting fate again.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,845 times
Default hi -is thread active still?

ok later

Old 08-02-2009, 04:16 PM

218 posts, read 741,248 times
As much as I don't want this to sound the wrong way, I'm gonna say it anyway... you DO have to worry about going to that particular Wal-Mart. But really, you will be able to freely walk about in any other Wal-Mart, anywhere in the USA. Do you think that every single nationwide Wal-Mart has your photo taped up by the Manager's desk, and as soon as you walk in, alarm will go off? No way. Consider how many thousands of faces walk through each of their stores every day... you'll never be singled out, unless you put yourself in the position to encounter the same store and employees again.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:23 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
To OP:
Walmart will probably not ban you for life, but you might want to stay away for a few years. It will be hard for them to ban you from other Walmart stores since they probably won't have the same security people from the store that you stole.

I remember being banned from Marshalls when i was 18yrs old for a while. At that time, my friends and i would have a technique of changing price tags on apparel. They didn't call the cops, but made us sign a document banning us from ever coming into that store, but not all Marshalls. This was the late 80s.

As other posters mentioned, your record is the most important thing. Don't let it be blemished as it will affect future employment, etc.

Last edited by JL; 08-02-2009 at 04:53 PM..

Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 AM

437 posts, read 1,071,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAdama View Post
As much as I don't want this to sound the wrong way, I'm gonna say it anyway... you DO have to worry about going to that particular Wal-Mart. But really, you will be able to freely walk about in any other Wal-Mart, anywhere in the USA. Do you think that every single nationwide Wal-Mart has your photo taped up by the Manager's desk, and as soon as you walk in, alarm will go off? No way. Consider how many thousands of faces walk through each of their stores every day... you'll never be singled out, unless you put yourself in the position to encounter the same store and employees again.

I wouldn't count on the above.

Sure, you may be able to visit other Wal-Marts but if you use a check, credit card, anything with your NAME, it WILL come up in their system and you will be in legal trouble. Or if an employee - say that transferred from another store - notices you.

The best plan of action would have been NOT to shoplift in the first place.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 AM

77 posts, read 227,732 times
Racer....make sure you never steal again. Ever in your life. From anyone. Then, you will be fine.It's a Christian trait.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
Interesting stuff! I think Walmart is genious and just think how much money they make off of the civil demand letters. My thinking is that if he/she got arrested they would end up paying a fine to the court system and that money goes to city services or somewhere, heck I don't know? But if Walmart don't involve the police and demand some sort of fine they come up big time. They got their $13 item back and they collect another $200 plus on top of that! CA CHING!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: