Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,507,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
600 sq ft for 100K "ridiculous"? That's $166/sq ft. That's not really bad, especially in a downtown with such a promising location and proximity to a DART station. Many of the homes in Lakewood and the M-Streets have a higher price per sq ft.

Brian
Exactly! It's a concrete and steel building too, which is much more expensive to build than wood frame. It would cost a lot more per/sf to rebuild that building at that location than the current average price per/sf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 AM

143 posts, read 700,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I don't understand why people would spend that much money on such little space when you could buy a house for about that much right now, and not have to worry about noise!
I've worked as a contractor overseas for the military. I have locked up my condo for a year untouched. I can't do that with a house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Obviously there will be noises everywhere, what I meant was neighbors walking on the floor above you who sound like they weigh a ton, waking up to your neighbors alarm clocks because the walls are so thin....things that you would experience in an apartment.
Concrete floors are key.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM

8 posts, read 27,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtltke137 View Post
I've worked as a contractor overseas for the military. I have locked up my condo for a year untouched. I can't do that with a house.
Concrete floors are key.
I never hear any noise through the floors. Concrete floors and high ceilings. Sometimes I may hear my neighbor through the wall though.

Oh, and the numbers aren't always even-out. 306 is not a downtown view, its a courtyard view. On that wall all the odd numbers are facing downtown.

I split my 681sq foot unit in half with a wall and regret doing it now. Planning to remove it at some point.

---

I can echo the convienience of locking the door and taking a long contract somewhere. I did exactly that for almost 3 years.

I wish I had a bigger unit, but when I look at the cost of it there is no value equivalent to it. Dart rail next to the building and the maintainence costs are low. No BS Concierge to pay for, just building basics and a pool I never use.

I looked at other places recently and the maint fees are silly. I could afford a good bit more but that doubles my taxes and triples dues in most cases as well.

I don't mind the mortgage but fees and taxes don't add value or create equity. My unit is worth about what I paid for it 6 years ago now. Maybe a little less if I didn't find a buyer that appreciates the new $6000 AC system....

Getting ready to spend a lot on the kitchen as well. Don't buy here if you want a big kitchen. Thats been my biggest complaint.

No issues with noise from the rail, sirens from the highway are a bigger issue.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 AM

118 posts, read 154,328 times
I was back recently looking at 2502 Live Oak. I still like the building, location, and the fact that they are reasonably priced.

However..........I saw the notice about the owner of that tiny plot of land between 2502 and downtown wanting permission to build a 3-story storage unit facility there.

As the owner of an unrelated condominium whose view of downtown was partially blocked by a new building in front of me.......MAJOR BUMMER.

If that thing gets built it will have a huge impact on 2502 Live Oak. It will ruin the view of downtown and cause a major parking problem. There aren't enough parking spots to go around as it is.

I know that the hearing for the proposed storage facility was on 8/15. Any news on how it went? It would be a shame if the city lets that happen.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:14 AM

47 posts, read 155,877 times
Default Live Oak Lofts

I think they are very cool. Think about these places going forward --elevators, secured parking, walking distance to shops and to a train. Affordable living--what about it turning towards cool senior citizens who like the city life?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:46 PM

577 posts, read 452,563 times
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I wanted to know the exact same thing. Some great posts in this topic already, but a lot has changed since the original post, so wanted to see if there were any other comments about the property.

Even though prices appeared to have gone up slightly, I still think it's a fantastic deal for the area. Never really lived that close to a highway, though, so that's a bit of a concern, but, other than that, it's located right about where I want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas