Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM

11 posts, read 36,721 times

Advertisements

Hi all!!! I have finally arrived in Dallas and have started the fire academy with Dallas fire rescue. My wife and I have found a house we love in Shady shores. Any pros or cons of this area? I know the commute to Dallas will be rough but the wife is going to work at DFW airport and I only work one third of the month and am on the road at 5 a.m. going to the station! thanks for the help!! ~MATT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM

468 posts, read 1,886,363 times
We just finished a job in Shady Shores right up there on the very NE corner. It has it's older neighborhoods and a few newer neighborhoods. Nice quiet little community on the lake. Also a nice private airpark if you're a pilot.

You've just addressed the big negatives, and that is the traffic. I have a son who lives in south Denton and I dread with trembling fear getting into that traffic on I35E. But at 5am maybe it's not too bad. Respect the speed limit right there on the lake bridge. DPS along with Hickory Creek PD and others make their budgets writing speeding tickets along that stretch of highway.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM

81 posts, read 236,918 times
Pros: Lake. Sneaky Pete's.

Cons: Traffic, cops. Little further drive for amenities, but not too bad---Lewisville/Denton and Flower Mound/Highland Village.

Future Pro: Toll bridge connecting Swisher Rd across the lake to the East (Little Elm, The Colony and Frisco).

Future Con: Little Elm infrastructure is running behind, so traffic will be a bear there too once the bridge is complete.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:20 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Once home of the VonErichs.

Traffic is a PITA! But you already know that. Still getting to DFW Airport for your wife in normal rush hour is going to be a pain. For you, as long as you don't end up way over on the opposite end of Dallas. You could get stuck in Southeast Dallas and even at 5 am that won't be a lot of fun.

As others said, watch your speed and the wrecks thru there can really jack up traffic for hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas