Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM

346 posts, read 728,286 times

Advertisements

Oh and, do guys in Dallas approach women, or do women fight over guys/do all the work? That's something to find out too. In San Diego, women were super aggressive, is it like that in Dallas too? I sure hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 PM

194 posts, read 490,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Oh and, do guys in Dallas approach women, or do women fight over guys/do all the work? That's something to find out too. In San Diego, women were super aggressive, is it like that in Dallas too? I sure hope not.
I go to Dallas twice a year with work, and I find that guys like approaching women there. Not in a creepy way though! Most of the ones that have approached me have been gentlemen... (or at least acted like them!)

Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM

133 posts, read 512,663 times
Almost all the women I meet here will not approach a guy - they wait for him to make the first move.

What neighborhood do you live in now?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 PM

I'm in Chicago right now (gold coast) and am just looking at neighborhoods now in Dallas. I plan on going sometime this summer. I want to live somewhere that is interesting and (hopefully) close to fun things to do. Ideally near a rail station too.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM

If the women in Dallas don't approach guys and it's all up to the guy to say hi, that's great news for me. I really like the idea of Southern friendliness too.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM

133 posts, read 512,663 times
OK - I lived at North & LaSalle a couple years ago. I have tried a few different neighborhoods in Dallas and there's really no rail transportation options you're going to use unless you're commuting from the suburbs. It's just VERY hard to get around on public transportation here as there is virtually no population density.

Check out Lakewood, M Streets, Knox-Henderson, Uptown and places like that. I liked all those scenes so you probably will, too. I would take a look at Downtown/"Central Business District" to at least see it but it's similar to the Loop in that it just dies on the weekends.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,130,593 times
All I'm going to say is if you're Jewish and looking for an unmarried Jewish man over 30 who isn't a mama's boy, good luck! If you are Christian you may have more luck, there are tons of those around here.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM

Haha BigDGeek, try to find an unmarried Jewish guy over 30 who isn't a mama's boy ANYWHERE in the country. Or who's not kind of feminine, but that's another story...:P
You know, I've actually dated mainly Jewish guys in the past and thought I'd want to end up with a Jewish guy, but at this point, I'm open to a guy of almost any background, as long as we're attracted to each other and he's a good guy. From what I can tell (from Jdate), the selection of Jewish guys in Dallas is pretty small, so I can understand why you haven't had as much luck down there. Maybe you could meet a guy on Jdate in another city and convince him to move to Dallas for you or vice versa.
If a guy is sweet, cute, and compatible with me, I'm happy with pretty much whatever religion he may or may not be.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,130,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Haha BigDGeek, try to find an unmarried Jewish guy over 30 who isn't a mama's boy ANYWHERE in the country. Or who's not kind of feminine, but that's another story...:P
You know, I've actually dated mainly Jewish guys in the past and thought I'd want to end up with a Jewish guy, but at this point, I'm open to a guy of almost any background, as long as we're attracted to each other and he's a good guy. From what I can tell (from Jdate), the selection of Jewish guys in Dallas is pretty small, so I can understand why you haven't had as much luck down there. Maybe you could meet a guy on Jdate in another city and convince him to move to Dallas for you or vice versa.
If a guy is sweet, cute, and compatible with me, I'm happy with pretty much whatever religion he may or may not be.
I married out the first time and if I do get married again it will be to a Jewish man, which means I probably won't ever get married again.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 PM

No, it just sounds like, if you're looking in the Jewish dating pool, you probably just have to look outside of the city. I bet you could get a nice guy to relocate, especially with what seems like all of the job growth down there. I'm sure some guy living in some boring place like, say Cleveland or something, would be happy to move to Dallas. There's a site called Jewishamericansingles, which doesn't have tons of people, but it's another place to check out besides Jdate. Hey, if you do get a guy to relocate, tell him to bring another guy friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas