Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,068 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to see Coldplay July 22 at 7:30 pm but I hear the absolute worst part of Dallas is a mere block away. What are some things I could make sure to do to make sure I stay safe at all times and make sure I do not make a wrong turn.

If I am totally unfamiliar with the area, should I just wait until they come back to the AAC or New Cowboys Stadium?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
Just print out a map and stay on your route.

The best place to exit is off I-30 onto Munger/Barry (I think it's exit 48b). Go south on Munger/Barry - this street curves and changes names a couple of times, but it is one continuous street....Barry, Crosstown, Fitzhugh (not to be confused with the Fitzhugh of I-75). Parking will be on your right into the giant gated parking lots.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Do not worry about it. You will be fine. Just like being even in what may be deemed a "very safe area" you just have to make wise choices and be aware of your surroundings. I don't need to do anything any different to go to the Fair Park area (where this venue is at) from what I do whenever I leave my house for anything. There are directions to the location from I-30. You can park inside the fenced in area (which I do anyway) and be perfectly fine. Numerous times we have driven up and down the main streets around there to scalp ticktets and never had a problem. Go ahead and go, enjoy & have fun.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
And besides that, that isn't the worst part of Dallas. According to some crime stats - that area is Audelia and Forest.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM

686 posts, read 2,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith1236 View Post
I am wanting to see Coldplay July 22 at 7:30 pm but I hear the absolute worst part of Dallas is a mere block away. What are some things I could make sure to do to make sure I stay safe at all times and make sure I do not make a wrong turn.

If I am totally unfamiliar with the area, should I just wait until they come back to the AAC or New Cowboys Stadium?
Just follow all of the traffic, which will be headed to the parking lot. If it's a sold out show, the traffic could very well be backed up onto I30 getting in to the place, so you won't have any problems finding it.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 AM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,843 times
Surprised nobody has mentioned this- The people who live in the neighborhood surrounding the venue often let concertgoers park in their front yards for a significantly lower price than the parking lot charges. Don't- it's worth the money to park in the lot. The people renting out their yards are generally not the problem, they're just making a few extra bucks by taking advantage of their location. But, the area isn't especially well policed and the moment anybody turns their back, your car can get broken into and nobody will see a thing.

Good luck, and have fun.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
I drive through there all the time. The only issue I have is bums asking me for money. The parking for the events is inside the gate and there are many police in the area during an event. Dont worry about it.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothartheterrible View Post
Surprised nobody has mentioned this- The people who live in the neighborhood surrounding the venue often let concertgoers park in their front yards for a significantly lower price than the parking lot charges. Don't- it's worth the money to park in the lot.
Well you can if you know them!

Old 05-30-2009, 03:16 AM

2 posts, read 5,068 times
Ok I got PIT GA tix on ticketmaster.com for 257 (2)...

Is the PIT GA area near the stage? Im not sure how these were still availble from ticketmaster but oh well lol...

Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 AM

686 posts, read 2,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith1236 View Post
Ok I got PIT GA tix on ticketmaster.com for 257 (2)...

Is the PIT GA area near the stage? Im not sure how these were still availble from ticketmaster but oh well lol...
It is directly in front of the stage. Ticketmaster will release tickets every once in a while before the actual show dates, so you got lucky!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas