Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:28 PM

158 posts, read 581,927 times

Advertisements

That's where we are contemplating a move.

Everyone, please - join in!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:45 PM

709 posts, read 3,473,582 times
Flower Mound is a nice area with many nice homes. It appears to be very family oriented and offers quite a bit for the community. Excellent schools as far as the papers and website for LISD shows. Many churches from all walks of religion available. I have found that some and I do mean some of the people can be a little snobby. But honestly that can be the same in any community area where there are nice homes and money. From my experience I have found FM to be less diverse in demographics. Primarily anglo (I'm anglo) community with of course some other cultures throughout. I prefer a little more diversity as I feel that is imperative for the real world. I prefer to teach in a diverse school and most importantly raise my child in a diverse population. Quality school but diverse. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited by sonshinelife; 02-10-2008 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: more to say

Old 02-10-2008, 05:50 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Very difficult to get in and out of due to its location between two lakes and heavy traffic on the few roads that lead in and out.

Lots of shopping and quite a few good restaurants.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:43 PM

Default Thank you for your input...I want more!

Allyjon - are you out there???? I know you live in Flower Mound. Let's hear from you.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 PM

133 posts, read 534,449 times
I live in Highland Village, right next to Flower Mound. It (FM) is a nice area to raise a family in, I think. The schools are good, and it's a really safe city. The location can be a pain if you have to commute to work, though--it easily takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to the highway from my house. They just built a whole bunch of new shops and restaurants though on the other side of FM 407 in Highland Village to go along with the rest of the stores in Flower Mound. We've got a movie theatre, a Barnes & Noble, Snuffers, even our very own Wal-Mart. Haha. Overall, it's a nice place--I'd check it out.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:26 AM

493 posts, read 1,762,570 times
Airplane noise can be a pain in Flower Mound, we lived there and if you were in the yard when a plane went overhead, you couldn't hear yourselves speak! However, I think the further north and west in FM you are, the better. We have friends in Wellington subdivision and the airplane noise there isn't too bad. Having said that, we are contemplating a move to Coppell and I hear the noise is bad there too. I guess you get used to it. Our friends in Wellington are very happy with the schools in Flower Mound.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM

52 posts, read 229,950 times
I really like Flower Mound. I live in southeast Flower Mound and it only takes about 5 minutes to get to 121, 635 or 114. If you live above 1171 it will take about 10 minutes longer to get to the highways. All of the roads south of 1171 are 3 lanes in each direction. 2499 north of 1171 is in the process of being expanded to 3 lanes. This should really help traffic. 1171 is also in the process of being expanded to 3 lanes. It is already 3 lanes from 2499 to 35E. It is a great area to live if you have a family. What areas are you looking at? The shops at Highland Village are really nice. The town of Flower Mound is also building a new recreation center. It will have an indoor and outdoor pool, spray park and lazy river. It should be done by May. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 AM

493 posts, read 1,762,570 times
How long does it take to get to the Las Colinas area (during rush hour) from where you are?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 PM

Smile Great discussion

I too, have friends who live in the Wellington subdivision! Small world. These friends have been friends with my husband since he was 5. The wife of the couple, dislikes Texas and wants to move back because she doesn't like the humidity and misses her family. The husband loves it in Flower Mound. We don't have too much family here anyway, and we love the heat! We live in the High Desert, so it's a different heat (no humidity). We are chameleons though, so we'd be fine.

When we visited, we fell in love with Bridlewood, although we can't afford it, and we'd like our children to go to Flower Mound High, not Marcus. We liked Lantana. We stayed with our friends in Wellington and although nice, the homes were a little too close together, with smaller backyards.

Since we like Bridlewood and Lantana, what else is in Flower Mound that is comparable, that we also may like?

Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 PM

12 posts, read 38,636 times
Go Flower Mound! I have lived here for the past
five years and I did my research and it is a great
place for a family. Good schools, lots of new shopping,
'close the the airport, Grapevine Mills Mall, The Gaylord
'Convention Center. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas