U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:35 PM

91 posts, read 336,579 times

Advertisements

Here in N. Cal, Meth is so rampant. It's sad and scary to see so many people succumb to this drug. I've heard N. Cal is a hotbed for Meth, which makes me wonder about it's prevalence in the Dallas area.

Any opinions/info?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 PM

6,578 posts, read 24,176,118 times
It has been a problem in the rural areas in the past. I don't hear as much about it anymore.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:41 PM

2,483 posts, read 6,149,981 times
I think if you look for it, it will find you. No matter where you reside in the world.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:54 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,285,922 times
I think that a drug called "cheese" is what is a problem in Dallas right now:

CHEESEHEROINKILLS.ORG - Victims of Cheese Heroin

Old 06-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
I think if you look for it, it will find you. No matter where you reside in the world.
I don't "look" for it here, it's just rather abundant. I'd prefer not to move to a place where it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
I think that a drug called "cheese" is what is a problem in Dallas right now:

CHEESEHEROINKILLS.ORG - Victims of Cheese Heroin
Wow! Never heard of that particular drug. Horrible.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,269,914 times
Quote:
Wow! Never heard of that particular drug. Horrible
"Cheese" is a very pure form of black tar Herion.
very addictive.

Meth has production has gone down quit a bit since the crack down on Over the counter sales of Pseudonephrine (sudafed) a major ingred used in meth labs.
Meth is very cheap to make and realtively easy so that way the poorer counties and rural areas saw a big jump... (it's a very votile chemical cobo though)

Herion use is on the increase and the Herion on the market now is more pure and thus more additive and deadly than the Herion years ago. Plus you can now smoke it unlike in the past where you had to use a needle.
Tarrant county has seen a rise in Herion overdoses and deaths in the last year.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
"Cheese" is a very pure form of black tar Herion.
very addictive.

Meth has production has gone down quit a bit since the crack down on Over the counter sales of Pseudonephrine (sudafed) a major ingred used in meth labs.
Meth is very cheap to make and realtively easy so that way the poorer counties and rural areas saw a big jump... (it's a very votile chemical cobo though)

Herion use is on the increase and the Herion on the market now is more pure and thus more additive and deadly than the Herion years ago. Plus you can now smoke it unlike in the past where you had to use a needle.
Tarrant county has seen a rise in Herion overdoses and deaths in the last year.
Interesting. We were considering Colleyville or Coppell, too.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,288,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheninRoam View Post
Interesting. We were considering Colleyville or Coppell, too.
There is not a serious drug issue in Dallas. There is drug use, yes, but it's far from rampant.

The biggest users are going to be upper-income high school and college kids, and addicted lower-income people. That's going to be the case pretty much anywhere.

Pot's pretty common, but I think that's the case everywhere outside of Utah nowadays. Coke is used by some people but it's not particularly prevalent. I know people who use psychadelic mushrooms and acid, but I wouldn't call it a problem or an issue for the community--just a few misguided invidiuals.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
There is not a serious drug issue in Dallas. There is drug use, yes, but it's far from rampant.

The biggest users are going to be upper-income high school and college kids, and addicted lower-income people. That's going to be the case pretty much anywhere.

Pot's pretty common, but I think that's the case everywhere outside of Utah nowadays. Coke is used by some people but it's not particularly prevalent. I know people who use psychadelic mushrooms and acid, but I wouldn't call it a problem or an issue for the community--just a few misguided invidiuals.
Thanks for this.

So it's safe to say not every high school student is either shooting up, or being approached to do so?

Old 06-08-2009, 04:10 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,269,914 times
Quote:
So it's safe to say not every high school student is either shooting up, or being approached to do so?
The majority of the HS kids will not be doing drugs. BUT....as in everytown in AMERICA drugs are available at every HS (and MS for that matter) the kids know who does them etc... pot is very available.

underage drinking/and sex is probably the biggest problem in most of the area HS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas