U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 07:56 PM

213 posts, read 671,323 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am happy to say that I have received a promotion and in about three to four weeks will officially be a resident of Texas. I'm really looking forward to living in the Dallas area.

I will be working in the Telecom Corridor in Richardson, close to the corner of Greenville and West Campbell.

What areas of Dallas are good options for a commute of around 20 minutes or less? I'm looking for one bedroom or studio apartments in the $750 to $850 a month range with decent parking, safe, and generally younger professionals. A party or club scene is not required (actually not much for that scene anyway). A decent gym in the area would also be nice, but not required.

Please help me out and give me a couple of street names in the neighborhoods as well, for the purposes of researching rentals in the area.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 PM

6,578 posts, read 24,414,887 times
There are some brand new apartments right in that area.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:01 AM

11,189 posts, read 24,462,900 times
Look along the George Bush Tollway in Richardson. The Seven Oaks complex is really nice, and you'd be about 10 minutes from work.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,354,438 times
You can also look along lower Greenville---this is the bar hotspot for Dallas right now and where the yuppies congregate on the weekends. The Uptown area would be within 20 minutes as well, because you would be commuting the opposite direction of the traffic, and this is the heart of Dallas' yuppie community. You also might want to look in Addison, where rent is a lot cheaper but there are still a lot of young urban professionals and enough to do so that you won't be bored.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM

12,160 posts, read 20,101,149 times
I have a friend that lives in a really nice townhome in north east Richardson. It's near Renner and Northstar sort of in the Breckenridge Park area.

That's more of a quiet area, and more to my speed, but you might also check out some of the new apartments somebody else mentioned at the Campbell and 75 area. It's in one of those "urban village" concept places that profess to offer the urban, walkable lifestyle to people in the suburbs. (Seems to basically mean you live above a strip mall full of bars & restaurants, but they made the parking lot look like cute streets) Not my cup of tea, but maybe yours. The buildings are attractive but I don't know what the apartments are like on the inside.

Last edited by Debsi; 06-09-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 06-09-2009, 12:44 PM

35 posts, read 120,881 times
If you're single, I'd check out the "villages", which is a whole slew of apartments within Greenville, Lovers Lane, Skillman, Northwest Highway box.

In general, lot's of young people/professional live here and during the evenings there are plenty of people jogging or out in the park that sits in the center of all the various complexes. Location can't be beat as it puts you near just about everything you could want to get to....Uptown, Lower greenville, Addison. Old Town provides some nice shops and quick dining options and there is a nice Tom Thumb and huge Central Market that serves the area.

Safetly wise, you hear stories and such but it probably depends on which complex you choose since they vary in scale. Overall though, it wouldn't be anything to deter you from the area.

this is probably in the high range but it's a new complex and I've had friends live here and seemed quite nice. Dakota in the Village - Apartments in Dallas

never tried this, maybe link will work: googlemap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas