U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Knox - Henderson
1,193 posts, read 3,282,046 times
Reputation: 569

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
What part of "I've lived in Dallas" slipped by you? I lived there for years. Moving 30 miles north changed nothing. It's just as bland and soulless here as it is there. It's the entire area that sucks, not just the city. I didn't realize that one had to live within the confines of a city to be familiar with it. Rgardless, I've lived there. Now I don't. Both areas suck just about equally, though living a little further north is marginally better.



I'm always so amused by Texans. So intolerant.
Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I'm intolerant because I don't agree with your negative generalizations about a very diverse region? Your intolerance has been obvious to me and others on this forum for quite a long time. What is so puzzling to me is why you would choose to remain in a region which you find to be so bland and soulless when there is a whole world out there just waiting for you. I've lived in 5 American cities and I can think of positive things to say about all of them. Perhaps you should move to another place that is less sucky. Although, wherever you go, there you are. Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-28-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,007 posts, read 14,222,461 times
Reputation: 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I'm intolerant because I don't agree with your negative generalizations about a very diverse region? Your intolerance has been obvious to me and others on this forum for quite a long time. What is so puzzling to me is why you would choose to remain in a region which you find to be so bland and soulless when there is a whole world out there just waiting for you. I've lived in 5 American cities and I can think of positive things to say about all of them. Perhaps you should move to another place that is less sucky. Although, wherever you go, there you are. Moderator cut: rude .

People from Texas tend to be more than a little overprotective of their state and intolerant of anyone who dares to suggest that any place in Texas is anything less than perfect. After all, it has to be me, right? I couldn't possibly be that Dallas is wretched, soulless place? Right.

Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-28-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 AM
 
Location: Knox - Henderson
1,193 posts, read 3,282,046 times
Reputation: 569
No one said that TX is perfect. In fact, I will state that TX is far from it (e.g. the weather, Rick Perry, Waco...) But since this is the Dallas forum, I will also state that Dallas is far from a wretched place. Afghanistan would probably be a much better example of that. Nor is it a soulless place (insert your local Chili's or Walmart here). Based on your many previous posts (which are not personal since you put them on the WWW) you just come across as a miserable curmudgeon who blames location for your unhappiness. I really do hope that you can get past that regardless of where you end up living.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,007 posts, read 14,222,461 times
Reputation: 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
No one said that TX is perfect. In fact, I will state that TX is far from it (e.g. the weather, Rick Perry, Waco...) But since this is the Dallas forum, I will also state that Dallas is far from a wretched place. Afghanistan would probably be a much better example of that. Nor is it a soulless place (insert your local Chili's or Walmart here). Based on your many previous posts (which are not personal since you put them on the WWW) you just come across as a miserable curmudgeon who blames location for your unhappiness. I really do hope that you can get past that regardless of where you end up living.

Or perhaps I'm unhappy because of where I live?

Thanks for the two-bit analysis though.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 AM
 
16,086 posts, read 38,666,648 times
Reputation: 6319
@getmeoutofhere

Dude if you have 'lived here' for 30 years I think you are a Texan...and you are certainly intolerant!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,007 posts, read 14,222,461 times
Reputation: 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
@getmeoutofhere

Dude if you have 'lived here' for 30 years I think you are a Texan...and you are certainly intolerant!

I don't consider myself a Texan, nor do I advertise it. I find most Texans obnoxious about it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Texarkana
123 posts, read 338,605 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I don't consider myself a Texan, nor do I advertise it. I find most Texans obnoxious about it.
No Texan could be more obnoxious than you. Anyway, like others have said, if you're so unhappy where you live then move. Simple as that.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,007 posts, read 14,222,461 times
Reputation: 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
No Texan could be more obnoxious than you. Anyway, like others have said, if you're so unhappy where you live then move. Simple as that.

About being from Texas? I just said I never mention it, as opposed to so many who do nothing but brag about it.

Apparently, the reading comprehension teaching needs to be picked up as well.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:38 AM
 
4,982 posts, read 6,363,598 times
Reputation: 2430
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Thanks for proving my point.
no prob bob
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
 
6 posts, read 13,092 times
Reputation: 17
What could possibly be 'soulless' or 'bland' about living in areas such as Lakewood, Uptown, Knox-Henderson, Forest Hills, north Oak Cliff etc etc...
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top