Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM

346 posts, read 730,627 times

Advertisements

I figured that with Austin. Usually the poser-hipster types fit into that. I just hope I can spot the other types of douchery in Dallas, so I can avoid them. I've learned on here to avoid Uptown, so that has been helpful. Maybe the OP lives there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Uptown is one of the best areas of Dallas. What in the world are you talking about?

At least when I've visited. I'm not there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
I figured that with Austin. Usually the poser-hipster types fit into that. I just hope I can spot the other types of douchery in Dallas, so I can avoid them. I've learned on here to avoid Uptown, so that has been helpful. Maybe the OP lives there.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:20 PM

I hear Uptown is nothing but plastic people (fake boobs, bleached hair, orange tans, guys with spikey hair and shirts half buttoned, etc.). Not my scene. I want to avoid those types like the plague. If it's more down to earth, on the other hand, then maybe I shouldn't rule it out.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 PM

What's wrong with the L.A. Look? Does that mean they are automatically annoying snobs?

I saw a lady with an orange tan once and OMG it looked ghastly and disgusting like somebody had puked carrot soup on her.

Quote:
I hear Uptown is nothing but plastic people (fake boobs, bleached hair, orange tans, guys with spikey hair and shirts half buttoned, etc.). Not my scene. I want to avoid those types like the plague. If it's more down to earth, on the other hand, then maybe I shouldn't rule it out.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM

Well, that look automatically makes them annoying, that's for sure. Those types are always snobs, so I guess it makes them that too. I guess there could be exceptions, but I have yet to run into them. They have this look for a reason. I live in Chicago right now and, except for the South Side, it is totally overrun with these types. I think Chicago has more of these types than L.A., lol.
That description of the orange tan is really funny. I see that all the time. It's funny and sad how these people all have to look alike to feel good about themselves. Maybe that's why they act snobby, because they have to pretend they're better than someone because they are insecure. These women do spend a lot of time in bars so maybe someone really did throw up carrot soup on them. :P

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 PM

That's what it looks like to me LOL

Quote:
These women do spend a lot of time in bars so maybe someone really did throw up carrot soup on them. :P

Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,058 times
Quote:
Ok, where are the douche-pockets, so I know to avoid them. I don't want to be on here in a couple months, starting this kind of thread. :P
Uptown is a fun neighborhood but it's definitely yuppie paradise and I'd say it qualifies as douche heaven.

I think that the Park Cities may have this reputation to a lot of people, but personally I've never met anyone from the Park Cities over the age of 22 or so who I considered to be a douche. They may be dbags in high school, but they usually calm down.

However, in mine eyes, the epitome of douche-pockets has to be that magical, happy place called West Plano.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Not any more so than the University you work at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post

However, in mine eyes, the epitome of douche-pockets has to be that magical, happy place called West Plano.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Not any more so than the University you work at.
I'm an undergraduate student, I don't work at any university.

And there are just as many douches at UT, but they are much less concentrated, because there are more cool people.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,966 times
To answer the OP. People in Dallas know Austin is better and that is the source of their unhappiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas