Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 22,142 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Dallas area soon and need some help. We will be renting an apartment for a while, before buying a home.

Our daughter is 5 and will be starting to go to elementary school soon. Need some suggestion on a neighborhood with;

-low crime rates
-good elementary school

We are looking for some apartments in Plano or N Dallas area. Please suggest some good apartments with the best elementary schools.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 06:02 PM

107 posts, read 354,657 times
Mansions at Prosper* my fav!
880 S Coit Rd
Prosper, TX 75078

Tribeca Apartments
8401 Memorial Lane
Plano, Texas 75024

Valencia Apartments
2501 Ohio Drive
Plano, Texas 75093

The Wellington at Willowbend
3200 Parkwood
Plano, Texas 75093

Ashley Park Townhomes
2253 Ashley Park Drive
Plano, Texas 75074

An apartment locator, will know the area much better then I would, I do know an agent that will pay you right after she verifys if you put her name as the referring agent on the lease and that money really comes in handy!!

Once you use the locater, you can google apartment ratings and you will see a site that will have real reviews of apartments you are thinking about signing a lease with.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:31 AM

108 posts, read 487,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_02 View Post
We are moving to the Dallas area soon and need some help. We will be renting an apartment for a while, before buying a home.

Our daughter is 5 and will be starting to go to elementary school soon. Need some suggestion on a neighborhood with;

-low crime rates
-good elementary school

We are looking for some apartments in Plano or N Dallas area. Please suggest some good apartments with the best elementary schools.

TIA

Try an Apt Locator!

Dallas/Ft. Worth Apartments

Old 07-03-2009, 06:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
be aware that in some ISDs--apartment children are fair game for balancing overcrowded classes in some schools and can wind up being bussed to other schools ...
not saying Plano does that--but I would certainly call the school or the admin bldg and make sure

HEB ISD in the MidCities does that because it is smaller than Plano and has high # of apt kids--many of them move around anyway because when the free rent special runs out they move to another complex
but it makes it really hard on the teachers and the kids...

Old 07-03-2009, 06:56 AM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
be aware that in some ISDs--apartment children are fair game for balancing overcrowded classes in some schools and can wind up being bussed to other schools ...
not saying Plano does that--but I would certainly call the school or the admin bldg and make sure
I've NEVER heard of Plano ISD pulling that stunt. I know the "overflow" concept is popular in Frisco, but homey don't play dat in Plano. If they have too many kids, they go out and hire more teachers. I've seen firsthand that they will hire an extra teacher mid-year due to incoming transfers.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Richardson ISD makes an effort to balance renters from homeowners within a classroom. I don't know about overflow though. Some schools can fill with spring enrollment and new kids have to go to another school and perhaps renters are late or last minute-enrollers and it may seem like the renters are the overflow kids. But a new homeowner can buy in the summer in a neighborhood and not be able to get into the neighborhood school because it filled in the spring. But if a spot opens up I'm guessing the school can pick and choose which overflow kid gets moved back to the neighborhood school.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:18 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
La Ventura, across the street from Centennial Elementary in Willow Bend.

Walk your kids to school.

Excellent apartment, grounds and excellent staff. The elementary school is one of the best I have seen, including the very good schools my kids have attended in affluent areas of CA.

Willow Bend is a great area as well....especially if you like to go for walks and adore the gorgeous homes in the area.

Lived there for close to 2 years with my 6 and 8 year old. Highly recommended.

If you have kids in pre-school, Beatty (mapped to this area of 75093) is an excellent pre-school as well.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:49 AM
gej

1 posts, read 7,493 times
Smile Harvestree Apartments

Quote:

-low crime rates
-good elementary school

TIA
Hi there:
Welcome to Plano!

My vote for an excellent, safe apartment complex in Plano goes to Harvestree Apartments, at 5401 Independence Parkway, Plano, 75023. They are located at the intersection of Spring Creek and Independence Parkways.
Plano Apartments – Harvestree Apartment Homes

The elementary school your kids would go to would be:
Hughston Elementary School (Hughston Elementary - Campus Profile : Plano ISD) which is only about 1/2 a mile away. There are many kids in this particular complex, so it is quite family friendly, and very safe.And the manager, Sandy, is a sweetheart. My husband and I have been there about 18 months and really enjoy living here. Very safe location, and is very quiet at night, even as close as it is to Independence Parkway.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 AM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,633 times
Quote:

-low crime rates
-good elementary school

TIA
What is the price range(rent)?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:30 AM

5 posts, read 22,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
What is the price range(rent)?
I am looking for something around $1100-$1200/month. But can pay more if the appartment/school is good.

TIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas