Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 04:18 AM

1,230 posts, read 988,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Define "rough." People here will carry guns and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. However, the personalities tend not to be as gruff. If you're looking for more of an outward swag-factor....it will probably be hard to come by.
Not sure what he means by term rough here? Rough like tomboy girl, MMA girl/ boxer girl, biker girl or one night stand rough girls that go to bars to sleep with guys? If that case than no he will NOT find that in Dallas or Los Angeles. He will probably find that more in Phoenix where he lives or Houston.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:29 AM

8 posts, read 8,885 times
I've been here for a few months now and the women here are no different than anywhere else I've been. There's a huge population here, generalizing millions of women makes absolutely no sense.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:02 AM

50 posts, read 40,334 times
I'm hoping they'll go crazy for the English accent . In my head I'm thinking a Love Actually type scenario. In reality probably nobody gives a damn - I'm sure in big cities they hear different accents all the time!

Old 08-24-2016, 06:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand_new View Post
I'm hoping they'll go crazy for the English accent . In my head I'm thinking a Love Actually type scenario. In reality probably nobody gives a damn - I'm sure in big cities they hear different accents all the time!
LOL!.... Well I do know that British sense of humour and charm goes down well from my time on here

I've not been to Dallas or Texas infact ..... But from what I've heard ( and seen on the telly ) the women and people of Dallas look " awesome "

And I'm sure I'd LOVE it there

Good luck and have fun " Nick "

Old 08-24-2016, 09:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,922,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The women in North Texas are just hot, plain and simple. I'm from Oklahoma, but have to say that the women around here are some of the best looking women in the entire United States.
Actually, Minnesota, West L.A., Montana, and Utah got Dallas girls beat!

Old 08-27-2016, 08:56 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Girls in Dallas are very feminine that means feminine clothing and every thing that makes girl feminine.
I'm not sure that Dallas women are as feminine as you seem to be saying. Dallas has a lot of women who place their own career, conspicuous consumption, and narcissism over being centered around their relationships with men and finding a good man for a long term relationship. To me, femininity is embracing all aspects being a woman and the attitudes I just described are not traditionally feminine. There is a crisis in femininity in the United States. There's also a masculinity crisis too, but that's really another topic.

To be fair, I would say that there are more of a feminine emphasis here than places like Austin, Seattle, or Washington DC, but a lot of toxic attitudes are in place here.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:51 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Man I wish this thread would die.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I'm not sure that Dallas women are as feminine as you seem to be saying. Dallas has a lot of women who place their own career, conspicuous consumption, and narcissism over being centered around their relationships with men and finding a good man for a long term relationship. To me, femininity is embracing all aspects being a woman and the attitudes I just described are not traditionally feminine. There is a crisis in femininity in the United States. There's also a masculinity crisis too, but that's really another topic.

To be fair, I would say that there are more of a feminine emphasis here than places like Austin, Seattle, or Washington DC, but a lot of toxic attitudes are in place here.
There are normally three times of girls in US.

-----Tomboy girls.
------Average in middle and may overlap bit to the left being tomboy girl or to the right being feminine.
------feminine and traditional.

But I was making more reference to the clothing and appearance of girls in Dallas are feminine. Not if they drive pick up truck, play basketball and baseball, watch WWF and into MMA so on.

Movie star Michelle Rodriguez has more tough and masculinity.

But not all girls are into sports and MMA are tomboy girl in how they dress, looks and appearance. And some of them have tattoos and some of them do not.

Quote:
There is a crisis in femininity in the United States. There's also a masculinity crisis too, but that's really another topic.
I would not call it a crisis of femininity or masculinity it just traditional of US history that girls where following gender roles and guys where following gender roles. So if girl is running and falls down and cry that was okay but if guy cry is after falling down or getting into a street fight that was bad.

And sports and rough stuff was for guys not girls.

Now everyone is coming out of the woodwork today and you getting scale from one extreme to other.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacks7 View Post
I've been here for a few months now and the women here are no different than anywhere else I've been. There's a huge population here, generalizing millions of women makes absolutely no sense.
Yes there are some girls that are slim and some girls that are overweight. Well LA probably have lot more girls that are slim.

And LA, Dallas and New York city will probably have more in common than any where else in US!! Where dressing more dressy and not wearing clothes you wear to the gym or around the house out in public.

Yes you see girls in wearing t-shirt, shorts and flip flops in Dallas!! And more so the south side of Dallas Yea I seen plenty of girls wearing leggings in south side of Dallas. But for every girl dress that casual you see 10 girls more dressy. So the majority of the city people do not dress that casual and more so if you are not in the south side of Dallas.

It not Florida, Hawaii or Houston where most of the people are out wearing t-shirt, tank tops, shorts and flip flops. And Guys are normally in polo shirt, golf shirt, plaid shirt, dress shirt, jeans, khaki pants and slacks.

Dallas has more the business dress, VIP dress, business casual, nice restaurant. So you get lot of polo shirts, golf shirts, plaid shirts, dress shirts, jeans, khaki pants and slacks.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:17 AM

422 posts, read 542,035 times
While I'm sure there are parts of Dallas that the women have to have Prada and Gucci, I think the majority of DFW is pretty much like the rest of the country. I've not noticed any better women here than the other 2 metros I've lived in across the country.

I've also been her a little less than a year, and never heard one person gush about Dallas women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas