Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:48 AM

37 posts, read 184,935 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a good place to buy furniture at? We'll be moving to Flower Mound and need to furnish the house. Looking for cheap but nice looking stuff (if it exists!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,148,644 times
Try The Dump. http://www.thedump.com/

Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,656,725 times
The dump is a new store in the area . They have a location in Houston too.

I would check out the Underground Shopper online for places to buy furntirue, usually there are some good tips on where to go.
I believe Snodgrass Furniture is good too.
For decorations Decorators Choice in West Frisco off of Kings Road is a good place to go too. You can buy huge arrangements that cost 400 dollars or more at Michaels or other decorator stores for around 200 - 250. There prices are really good because they are out in the country in a warehouse district. I pulled up between a beemer and a mercedez when I went there last time.

Also for leather furniture, we got a sectional for The Luxary of Leather. We have been happy with our purchase too. Made a sofa for us in 10 days and delivered. All hand crafted.

If you are really particular, you can buy online at many places out of the Carolinas. Sometimes you can find a good deal. I bought my bed and chandelier that way.

Also visit Wicks.

Good luck.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,428,457 times
We went into the Dump in Irving and we really liked it. As an example, you can get really nice leather type recliners for $300.00. They have a bunch of different things. They have some pretty wild things too and a bunch of everything. This is a place where you like it, you buy it and take it with you.

There are a lot of other stores here that are reasonable like Ashley Furniture or Rooms To Go but they have to order them and it usually takes a few weeks.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:51 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,894,005 times
Watch Weirs Furniture also. They have GREAT quality and they can put furniture on sale at wonderful prices. Weirs has two stores in Dallas (Knox-Henderson off of 75-Central and in Plano on Preston at Spring Creek and coming soon to Southlake). They are a longtime Dallas store and privately owned. The store in Plano has a clearance center upstairs.
www.weirsfurniture.com

Andersons is okay. Four locations: Carrollton, Plano, Frisco & Southlake. Sometimes their stuff can be over the top and too high but watch the sales.
http://www.andersonsfurniture.com/

I love Hemispheres. Owned by the same people that own Hobby Lobby (so they are closed on Sunday's). Three locations: Plano on 15th St just west of 75, Lewisville on I-35 and Arlington on S. Cooper. GREAT SALES!!! If you really like something but think it is too high wait till it goes on sale (same holds for Hobby Lobby UNLESS it is something you REALLY want and it is limited it may not be around when it is on sale). Kind of like Andersons somewhat. Lots of designers shop these places and the stuff looks GREAT if put together good.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,718,269 times
I'd forget the Dump, we had one for a long time in VA and it was a complete waste of time. A lot of ugly furniture and the prices weren't that great.

We were really happy shopping with Stacy furniture in Allen. The store is huge, prices were great, and the service was great as well.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
I would recommend Weir's - I went from Lakewood kindergarten to senior year at Woodrow with the president of the company and we also went to the same church. I was around the Weir family and store quite a bit and still continue to drop in and shop there.

Mark Moore is quite a person of integrity and is the third generation of his family to head the company. They take very good care of their employees (who are proud to work there) and are experts in the products and offer a wide variety of items, but there's also kind of a Weir's 'look'.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,435,670 times
Weir's is nice. There is one by me on Preston/Lorimar. May be expensive for some though.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 AM

739 posts, read 3,058,226 times
Looks like they keep their site nice and updated

http://www.weirsfurniture.com/newspaperads.html (broken link)

Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 AM

739 posts, read 3,058,226 times
Also, I highly recommend http://dallas.craigslist.org. You can use a great site http://dallas.listpic.com/ to view Craigslist Ads visually (all the pics from ads) to help you sort through and find something you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas