Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 19,872 times

Advertisements

Where can single 40 year old women go to meet men who are age appropriate? Not interested in cougar bars, but not 60 year old men either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 01:38 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,319,394 times
I just moved out of 75287.

Based upon your location, and I never do this - - in fact, it's so crazy it just might work: have you tried the Legacy Park area? That cheeseball Martini Park bar turned into something else, didn't it?

Ok, that's enough. Let's head down the tollway. I'm not thinking bar connected to a restaurant here - should I be?

You know, I never really "got" Cape Buffalo. Too much stick being played, too much cigarette smoke. Carson's - - never. Ever. Sullivan's - - I think that might be what some call a "Liver Spot" due to the age of the clientele.

See, this is the tough question about Dallas. The burden of choice, like staring at 300 different deoderants and thinking that, no matter which one you pick, you are somehow missing out. Wait, is that why I'm not married? No, I'm not married because I'm a jerk, that's right.

Travis/Knox area. Drinks at Villa-O. it's 5:30 on a Thursday and you're dressed expensively. White wine at the bar. Body language says "maybe." If you build it, they will come.

Trece across the street later. Forgiving lighting and tequila on tap. Is that Mike Modano? Wow, he's average-sized.

Knox street Pub? I don't know, have not been there, might be very annoying.

State Thomas area. pick your poison.

But the big finish is the GREAT Time out Tavern. You're taking cabs, right? Yes, it's a dump. yes those are cans of beer. Yes, everyone here is loaded. But I've had more random conversations with people that some characterize as "rude, snotty, rich..." in that place than I can count. Just do not arrive at the TOT until the sun has completely disappeared.

Have fun.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times
Terilli's and Times Ten come to mind...

Pfhtex - since you mentioned TOT, how is the scene at the Inwood Lounge these days?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:26 AM

83 posts, read 210,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwneyesdallas View Post
Where can single 40 year old women go to meet men who are age appropriate? Not interested in cougar bars, but not 60 year old men either.
A bar has got to be the worst place to meet someone IMHO - advice from this this 46 year old man. In Canada, my ex-wife and I met in a bar and it eventually ended up in divorce after seven years. After that I vowed to never go to meet a woman in a bar, and to this day I have never broken that vow. Bars are so yesterday...

Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 AM

273 posts, read 700,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macintosh Sauce View Post
A bar has got to be the worst place to meet someone IMHO - Bars are so yesterday...
LOL

Not so fast, I am not so sure, just like everything that eventually comes back in style bars too have progressed and are now a place to gather and meet people. Each bar has its own personality and therefore draws the likeminded people. I am happily married and hangovers hurt more than they use to so I don’t drink much at all, but a bar is a fun place to go “People Watch” for us if they serve food.

You won’t catch me in a night club where they sell flaming drinks in glowing neon shot glasses with matching glow in the dark wristbands served by girls that look like they are still in high school.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times
Well James you seem to know a lot about night clubs!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
This is funny. I have several friends that are divorced in the last several years and all in their 40's now. I've told them I'd hate to be in their shoes. In the suburbs w/ kids and all. LOL!!! Most of them are attractive and do end up w/ plenty of dates and only go to clubs with friends and NOT to meet anyone special. One divorced friend found a GREAT GUY and they are now engaged thru one of the online dating services.

I don't know............. me personally, I am NEVER marrying again. Once is enough. Not that I don't love my husband it is just that there is sooooooo much out there I don't want to marry someone that late in life and they are too set in their ways and don't have any of the same interests as me. I'd have to find a guy that is mature with a good sense of humor, has his own money, likes classic, muscle and exotic cars, LOVES to travel and won't mind living in 2-3 locations throughout the year, loves my kids as much as I do, loves the Dallas Stars and ice hockey and will put up with me. That is a TALL order . I'm just going to "play the field" and have fun. I'll be the old lady w/ the different young guy everytime you see me Now, heaven forbid this should ever happen and hubby laughed when we were talking the other night w/ one divorced friend and I said that. He thought it was funny especially me trying to find a guy that is into cars AND ice hockey.

HEY! Speaking of cars............. go to car shows. There are always guys there that are single and in their 40's. All you have to do is ask them about their car and let'em talk your ear off about it . You can also ask them what other cars they have There is Montly Muscle in Plano every 1st Saturday of the month. Look up these websites for dates and places: hot rod happenings, gasoline alley, cars roadshow. There is a big one coming up on July 25 in Sachse at Cars Under the Stars. I'm not kidding, there are PLENTY of single guys in that age bracket at these things.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:54 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Oh, forgot. Go to Keller's Hamburgers on Saturday nights once the sun goes down and head to the back parking lot. The car people come up and hangout back there.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 18,887 times
Kellers, seriously? Sure, if you like toothless men who spit tobacco while you're trying to enjoy your food.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:18 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,319,394 times
Since I've moved back to Dallas I'm in 75205 - - not sure what part of the city you are in - - but I've found myself and friends (I'm 42) at places like the Club Level at the AAC - - not too costly, but fun for a Mavs/Stars game if you're not REALLY into the game itself.

Also, The Mansion bar, Melrose, the Porch, Bandito's in Snyder Plaza (lots of kids at times, though), the new Arcodoro Palmodoro, State-Thomas area, and a ton of sushi places. It is tough, there are a lot of 20-35 year olds that dominate a bar, or the other end is the nice restaurant/steakhouse with 55+ men working the scene. My sister calls these places "Liver Spots."

Ocean Prime just opened up and is HUGE. I've been twice and the jury is still out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas