Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,766,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, I wouldn't say that. To be diversified is used to discribe areas that have a true mixture of live styles, nationalities, religions etc. Carrollton has lower income areas, upscale areas, blacks, whites, Musslims, Hispanic, educated and the uneducated. It is just more of a mixture. Even when it comes to shopping and entertainment. Coppell is more of a closed, type of community, attracting a particular type of individual. It has absolutely nothing to do with race or color.

May I ask why you would would think of something like that?

Nita
Because your comment about Carrollton schools being "more diversified" was immediately after "they are not rated nearly as highly as Coppell", implying that diversity is bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 05:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Because your comment about Carrollton schools being "more diversified" was immediately after "they are not rated nearly as highly as Coppell", implying that diversity is bad.
No, diversity isn't bad, but there are many more low income areas in the Carrollton?FB area which probably accounts for the difference in the school districts. Don't take things out of context or look for hidden meaning in what people say. Low income does not mean minorities necessarily. If you have followed what I have posted on the Texas thread you would know I happen to like Carrollton. I am simply giving my opinion of the two areas and school districts.

Nita

Old 03-11-2010, 09:38 PM

137 posts, read 372,030 times
COPS! COPS! COPS!! Did I say Cops??? OMG it makes me too paranoid to be watched like that. They are everywhere sitting in the middle of the road even --in a lane not a median!!! TOO MUCH!!! I would not like to drive in that enviro everday!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:45 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
I was house hunting in Coppell a while back and did learn than that there are some neighborhoods in Coppell that have a lot of exposure to DFW airport landing patterns. Specifically, the northwest side of Coppell. So you may want to stand outside for an hour or so of any house in which you are interested.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 PM

121 posts, read 404,208 times
We ALMOST bought in Coppell. We almost bought in Flower Mound. We almost bought in Frisco. We ended up in Trophy Club. The town is small, but very close to several shopping areas that provide fabulous food and shopping. The schools were small. The thought of a high school with over 3,000 students is very hard to imagine. We could get more house for our money in TC than in Coppell. I truly believe, however, that we would have been very happy if we had moved to Coppell, Flower Mound, or Frisco. I know the school systems in all the areas either have a proven record of achievement or are working diligently to provide their students with quality teachers, and resources for their students. I did a lot of research on the schools. Wishing you many happy years! We, personally, loved the Lakes of Coppell when we were looking. We just could not find "the" house. It does take a while to find the house that you are looking for if you have some prerequisites.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
I'm from california and i can respect everyone's feelings and opinions. Coppell sounds like a very nice place to live but there is no such thing as a perfect city and i'm not saying anyone said that it is a perfect city but don't cover up the flaws of coppell. Every city has some down falls and thats ok. The people that don't live there, has the right to know what there getting into when they move to coppell. Like I said i respect everyone opinions and i will come and visit coppell.

Thanks,
LG Family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas