Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:35 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,000,832 times

Advertisements

I would turn it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,502,786 times
I would say "C" as well, although I keep mine at 75 all the time and we are all very comfortable with that. I don't want my AC unit over working itself in peak times of the day going from lower to higher and back down. Just one steady temp. I also have a flex plan (with my electric comp) because my home is all electric. So I pay a flat bill every month no matter if I use more or less. And I never use less, however I don't go to much over my budget bill either even in peak months. Smartest thing I ever singed up for. Now I don't cringe when I see my electric bill.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:51 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,434,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I just returned from vacation late last night and had turned my unit off when I left. Made it home at 1:00 am and the thermostat read 92 degrees. It took about 45 minutes to get the house comfortable enough to sleep in. It was still worth turning off in my book. Why pay for a weeks worth of electricity if your not at home. As a side note never would have believed the weather in Florida was much nicer than it is in Dallas.
I just got back from Florida Friday. I also livd there for 14 years. Its much cooler over there. Yeah its humid but it stays less than 90 degrees most of the time.

And the keys are awesome momof2. I have spent a week in keywest every year for the past 8-9 years.

Last edited by DaveG99; 07-13-2009 at 03:14 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,502,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post

And the keys are awesome momof2. I have spent a week in keywest every year for the past 8-9 years.
R U a parrothead?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:16 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,434,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
R U a parrothead?
No. Im just a scuba diver and fisherman who loves keywest. Its as close to a carribbean style place you can get to in the united states. Plus I visit family in Orlando and Miami for a day or two while I am over there. Keywest has an awesome careless atmosphere and lots of things to do and see. I turn in my rental car when Im there and rent a scooter for the whole week. I love it.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
Quote:
We have been before and it is fun but HOT and HUMID! My oldest piped up the other day that she was craving Sloppy Joe's.
Hubby now wants to go to the mountains. I want a beach.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
R U a parrothead?
I AM!

Quote:
No. Im just a scuba diver and fisherman who loves keywest. Its as close to a carribbean style place you can get to in the united states. Plus I visit family in Orlando and Miami for a day or two while I am over there. Keywest has an awesome careless atmosphere and lots of things to do and see. I turn in my rental car when Im there and rent a scooter for the whole week. I love it.
I'd like to go during Halloween but it would be CRAZY! It is a fun place that is just different. I'd love to be there when Buffett or Chesney are there playing

Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,565,948 times
We turn our AC up to 80 degrees when we leave. If we didn't have pets, we'd prolly turn it up to 85. While the cat would probably love it to be at 85, we do have friends that come over to feed/pet the cat, so we only have it at 80 so they aren't too uncomfortable while they're here for 30 minutes.

Then again, we've increased our insulation and have a very efficient HVAC unit so our utility bills in the summer have still never gone past $250 (and that's for a 2576 sq ft home). We just got the biggest bill in 3 years, which was 1563 KwH and $236.40. I suspect that our current monthly bill will be higher. Based on what we see on our meter, I am estimating we'll hit 2,000 KwH, setting a record high usage for one month, but this billing cycle will be an incredibly high average temp. Way above normal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas