Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I was on my way to hooters for lunch today and my truck read 85 degrees! I told my co worker that I should have brought a jacket because it was so cold outside.
I think I saw some frost on the cactus this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 12:46 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
My power went out for an hour or two during the rain last night - so I opened the windows and doors - there was a nice breeze and I found myself reaching for a blanket. Yes, folks you can go to sleep with your doors wide open in East Dallas!
What??

It was 90 and humid. lol Florida you can the nice ocean breeze, you don't get that here. I can't think of a time I was able to open my windows and have a nice breeze blow through the house.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:52 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
What??

It was 90 and humid. lol Florida you can the nice ocean breeze, you don't get that here. I can't think of a time I was able to open my windows and have a nice breeze blow through the house.
Do you not have any winds where you live?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Do you not have any winds where you live?

Not really no. But it is nice if you want to go swimming at night. No cold chills when you get out of the pool. No breeze at all. I would be in the pool until 3am. never got chilled, it's like I live in a bubble with a controlled enviroment. lol

When I first moved here, I would open my windows at night. The house never cooled off, just got hotter! In Denver, people open their windows to cool off the house. Anyway I learned that I just pretty much need to keep my AC going all the time.

There are a few days in the winter where it's nice to open the windows, but not many because it can be too cold. There really isn't that inbetween here.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
Quote:
Not really no. But it is nice if you want to go swimming at night. No cold chills when you get out of the pool. No breeze at all. I would be in the pool until 3am. never got chilled, it's like I live in a bubble with a controlled enviroment. lol

When I first moved here, I would open my windows at night. The house never cooled off, just got hotter! In Denver, people open their windows to cool off the house. Anyway I learned that I just pretty much need to keep my AC going all the time.

There are a few days in the winter where it's nice to open the windows, but not many because it can be too cold. There really isn't that inbetween here.
The inbetween time -as you call it- is in the early spring and fall for open window fresh out the house time. We do have winds here, just not daily occurance.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
The inbetween time -as you call it- is in the early spring and fall for open window fresh out the house time. We do have winds here, just not daily occurance.

I don't know about the weather where you live in Texas, but where I live there is no fall. Winter (if you want to cal it that) is usually in feb, maybe a little ice storm or a few gray cool days. That's it.

Maybe other areas it's different, but where I am I should own a orange grove.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:54 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,425 times
Quote:
I don't know about the weather where you live in Texas, but where I live there is no fall. Winter (if you want to cal it that) is usually in feb, maybe a little ice storm or a few gray cool days. That's it.

Dallas has a fall...roughly from mid-September to mid-November, it's absolutely gorgeous--70s and 80s every day, sunny, not too much rain, etc. The leaves even change color for a few weeks.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Dallas has a fall...roughly from mid-September to mid-November, it's absolutely gorgeous--70s and 80s every day, sunny, not too much rain, etc. The leaves even change color for a few weeks.

Too warm and I never seen leaves change any color. They just drop off the trees around december.

Stop pretending you live in New England

Old 07-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:

We do have a fall here with brillant colors and cooler weather, your not just slapped into winter here. And Yes our winters are mild compared to most northern states. I completely enjoy the early spring and fall in North Texas......and I live in Rowlett a northest burb of Dallas County.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Too warm and I never seen leaves change any color. They just drop off the trees around december.

Stop pretending you live in New England

Not true, take a driver in the fall you'll see it. If you don't then you live in total concrete city. However, I am sure nothing compares to New England. But, I sure take my Texas anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas