Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
I would consider seeking medical attention if you enjoy Texas summers

(just kidding, but really, they suck)
I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Well now I'm a machinist........
kenshi, this is for you buddy!

Desperately Seeking Americans For Factory Jobs

"U.S. factories are creating many new jobs. But owners are hard-pressed to find skilled workers due to a "critical shortage of machinists," said Rob Akers of the National Tooling and Machining Association."

kenshi, contact the National Tooling and Machining Association at (800) 248-6862and ask for a list of jobs prospects in the locations of your [cold climate preferred] choice.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Quote:
I don't know a single person (in person) who looks forward to the summer weather here.
I love summer in Dallas: margaritas, patios, pools, parties, Lakewood 4th, Shakespeare Festival, Cool Thursday concerts at the Arboretum, DMA Jazz Under the Stars, trips to the lake and cool St. Augustine grass under a shade tree of singing cicadias. Then it's time for football and the State Fair!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:05 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I love summer in Dallas: margaritas, patios, pools, parties, Lakewood 4th, Shakespeare Festival, Cool Thursday concerts at the Arboretum, DMA Jazz Under the Stars, trips to the lake and cool St. Augustine grass under a shade tree of singing cicadias. Then it's time for football and the State Fair!
Most of that stuff has nothing to do with the weather. The pool thing I understand; I did a lot of swimming myself last summer. Patios? You like sitting outside and getting drenched in sweat?

Old 02-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
kenshi, this is for you buddy!

Desperately Seeking Americans For Factory Jobs

"U.S. factories are creating many new jobs. But owners are hard-pressed to find skilled workers due to a "critical shortage of machinists," said Rob Akers of the National Tooling and Machining Association."

kenshi, contact the National Tooling and Machining Association at (800) 248-6862and ask for a list of jobs prospects in the locations of your [cold climate preferred] choice.
kenshi, when will you call them? I put in a good word for you man. They are expecting your call. Dude, I fixed you up - you're in like Flint. You're as good as out of Dallas like last week's garbage...

Last edited by highcotton; 02-16-2012 at 06:41 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Dude, I fixed you up - you're in like Flint.
Not to criticize, but I believe that should read, "...in like Flynn." (as in Erroll).

Old 02-16-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Not to criticize, but I believe that should read, "...in like Flynn." (as in Erroll).
Shhhhh ... pun!

By the way, Flynn's first name was spelled 'Errol', with only one 'l'.

Last edited by highcotton; 02-16-2012 at 06:50 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
kenshi, when will you call them? I put in a good word for you man. They are expecting your call. Dude, I fixed you up - you're in like Flint. You're as good as out of Dallas like last week's garbage...
I'll call them. How is that job search in Dubai going?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I'll call them. How is that job search in Dubai going?
I'm not looking for a job kenshi. In fact, I don't have one, I don't want one, and I certainly don't need one.

It's all 'bout you kenshi! You see, I'm trying to help you. According to you, you have had a difficult time finding the right job. And you don't like living and working in Texas because of the weather...even though 25 million people have elected to live here. I would offer you a job caddying for me, but I already know you couldn't stand the heat.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I'm not looking for a job kenshi. In fact, I don't have one, I don't want one, and I certainly don't need one.

It's all 'bout you kenshi! You see, I'm trying to help you. According to you, you have had a difficult time finding the right job. And you don't like living and working in Texas because of the weather...even though 25 million people have elected to live here. I would offer you a job caddying for me, but I already know you couldn't stand the heat.
I'm just trying to help you out like you helped me, buddy. I'm sure there are some homes for retired people there. It's almost always sunny and I doubt the highs are ever below 90. You'll never have to worry about that yucky winter weather again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas