Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,272,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Ahh, tropical weather today with a great tropical breeze. I'm soooooo totally digging it . Family made me do a mountain vacation for spring break AND summer vacation so I'm really missing the beach. With the 10-15mph south winds and even more in my own backyard since I have so many trees, it feels like the beach sitting out by the pool. Only 91 in my backyard, good breeze and cool water. Getting out of the water w/ the wind almost gives me a chill. I's happy as a clam. Except I gotta get ready and all dressed up for a special occassion in a little bit..... oh well.
I thought you didn't like tropical weather because of the humidity. I realize it's not as hot here as Key West that you didn't like at all. Of course, if you're in and out of the water, that would be fairly comfortable. 91 isn't too bad either considering how hot it has been.

You told the people on the CO forum that you had a blast on your vacation. You mentioned you had asthma and the altitude didn't bother you at all. Yet you posted on the Dallas forum how the altitude and cooler weather really kicked your asthma. No offense, but sometimes you really double-talk. It's hard to understand what works and what doesn't work for you. Of course, what works and what doesn't work is entirely your business.

Heaven forbid your family MADE you go to the mountains, but I'm glad you "had a blast" in spite of being forced to visit such a horrible place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I thought you didn't like tropical weather because of the humidity. I realize it's not as hot here as Key West that you didn't like at all. Of course, if you're in and out of the water, that would be fairly comfortable. 91 isn't too bad either considering how hot it has been.

You told the people on the CO forum that you had a blast on your vacation. You mentioned you had asthma and the altitude didn't bother you at all. Yet you posted on the Dallas forum how the altitude and cooler weather really kicked your asthma. No offense, but sometimes you really double-talk. It's hard to understand what works and what doesn't work for you. Of course, what works and what doesn't work is entirely your business.

Heaven forbid your family MADE you go to the mountains, but I'm glad you "had a blast" in spite of being forced to visit such a horrible place.
Oh, I forgot to mention the dew point was only 64 at that time of day, kind of high, but definitely not defined as tropical. Maybe that's why you liked today's "tropical weather" that you don't like in Key West.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:42 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,133 times
Quote:
I have a native Texas friend who lives in Atlanta and he DOES NOT have A/C. He says it gets humid, but the temperature rarely gets above the low 90s, and they even get breaks in the heat. He said he'd never be able to live in Texas again without A/C. I believe him.
Wow, I've spent a lot of time in Atlanta, and you've got to be awful slow not to pony up for AC with how hot and humid it gets there.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Wow, I've spent a lot of time in Atlanta, and you've got to be awful slow not to pony up for AC with how hot and humid it gets there.
Hahaha!! On the contrary as he just chooses not to have it. Remember, he's a native Texan but he's not a typical Texan if you will. To him, Atlanta's temperatures are much more livable than Dallas or Austin, the two places he lived. They get some decent breaks in the heat; we don't. He was also brought up near Austin and back then, his family didn't have A/C. He admits he could never handle the heat in Texas anymore without A/C.

There are people in Texas who don't have it and they survive but how, I will never know. Actually, anyone could, but they'd be miserably warm and terribly irritable. I'm speaking for myself on that one.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 08-08-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,368,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canine*castle View Post
i thought you didn't like tropical weather because of the humidity. I realize it's not as hot here as key west that you didn't like at all. Of course, if you're in and out of the water, that would be fairly comfortable. 91 isn't too bad either considering how hot it has been.

You told the people on the co forum that you had a blast on your vacation. You mentioned you had asthma and the altitude didn't bother you at all. Yet you posted on the dallas forum how the altitude and cooler weather really kicked your asthma. No offense, but sometimes you really double-talk. It's hard to understand what works and what doesn't work for you. Of course, what works and what doesn't work is entirely your business. :d

heaven forbid your family made you go to the mountains, but i'm glad you "had a blast" in spite of being forced to visit such a horrible place.
funny

Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,461,741 times
I lived in New Jersey for one year back in the early 90's. We had a brand new home and it didnt have A/C. My room was half way under ground so it wasnt too bad. But I wont EVER live in a house without A/C ever again.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I lived in New Jersey for one year back in the early 90's. We had a brand new home and it didnt have A/C. My room was half way under ground so it wasnt too bad. But I wont EVER live in a house without A/C ever again.
It depends where one lives. We didn't have A/C in southern CA and it was very nice.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw
Ahh, tropical weather today with a great tropical breeze. I'm soooooo totally digging it . Family made me do a mountain vacation for spring break AND summer vacation so I'm really missing the beach. With the 10-15mph south winds and even more in my own backyard since I have so many trees, it feels like the beach sitting out by the pool. Only 91 in my backyard, good breeze and cool water. Getting out of the water w/ the wind almost gives me a chill. I's happy as a clam. Except I gotta get ready and all dressed up for a special occassion in a little bit..... oh well.

Quote:

lol, I have a friend who claims she wakes up at 3am and see's possesed cats floating through her house and she chases them out by screaming in pig latin. She makes up a lot of stuff and doesn't make sense, I don't pay much attention to it because she is bi polar, but I like to listen because she's trippy.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,326 times
Quote:
It depends where one lives. We didn't have A/C in southern CA and it was very nice.

Didn't have AC in Colorado either. Did put a little AC unit in my bedroom window but didn't need to use it much.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
lol, I have a friend who claims she wakes up at 3am and see's possesed cats floating through her house and she chases them out by screaming in pig latin. She makes up a lot of stuff and doesn't make sense, I don't pay much attention to it because she is bi polar, but I like to listen because she's trippy.
Now that would scare me totally. I've known a few bipolar people in my lifetime, and I avoided them like the plague. Of course, they weren't friends or I would have stuck by them .......... I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas