Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM

6 posts, read 15,906 times

Advertisements

Haven't been there. Was wondering how it is to spend a day there?
Saw online, a boat ride is available through 'Sail With Scott.com', which sounds cool.
Anyone has idea how it is ?

Anything else to see or do besides this ?

We're not goin to rent a boat or skijet on our own as none of us knows swimming.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,587,313 times
This time of year - get out early and in before noon. And bring plenty of sun block.

The boat ride you mention is on a home built catamaran built by the former mayor of Rockwall. I've seen it, and seen him on the lake many times - appears to be a nice leisurely cruise, but I don't think it lasts all day. If I were to spend an entire day at the lake, I'd probably look into the cruise thing for the a.m. or the evening. The hotter hours could be spent taking in a movie or shopping at the Harbor, which is a very nice upscale shopping area where his catamaran is docked. Lots of good restaurants there as well.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 AM

6,737 posts, read 13,948,125 times
I was out there a month ago and that's one great looking boat. The harbor has a splash park for the kids and is a great place to grab lunch and a cocktail. Driving around the area and seeing the nice homes is also a fun activity.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,752,847 times
It is a pretty good lake to be out on. However, if none of you know how to swim: WEAR A LIFEJACKET AT ALL TIMES!!!!!! I mean even when ON the boat and not in the water. Do NOT take it off unless you are OFF the boat and ON DRY LAND! Too many people riding even in boats fall over and whatever and can't swim and drown. Think about if one of your kids was in the water with a lifejacket on and something happened to them. Would you stop long enough to realize you can't swim either before jumping in to "help" them and YOU don't have on a lifejacket. I CAN swim but I still wear one when on a boat. I also ENFORCE that every kid at our lakehouse playing in the lake right at our own ramp and pier have on a lifejacket even if they can swim. Lakes are not like oceans. You can NOT see 1' down below the surface of the water and all kinds of things can be lurking under there to entangle you: tree stumps, barrels, tires, fishing lines, etc. I can not stress it enough: WEAR A LIFEJACKET!!!! If your afraid you won't like the ones they might have for you then stop at Bass Pro or Walmart and buy one. Actually the best rated ones by the U.S. Coast Guard are the cheapest. A Type I lifejacket is the highest rating you can get and those are typically only those bright orange ones that are less than $10 a piece. These are the only ones that will automatically turn the person wearing it over face up no matter what. Type II will sometimes depending on circumstances. Type III hardly do at all. I won't get anything but a Type I or II.

As for the lake itself...... great There are several places to pull up and have a drink or meal like The Harbor or over by Bass Pro Shop. I'd go on the boat early and then have lunch at one of the places after your done. Or have dinner early at the lake at one of the places there and then do a sunset cruise on the lake. There is one area over off I-30 and Dalrock that everyone kind of congregats at on the water for people to swim as it is smooth over there and you can't see it from any roadway.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM

6 posts, read 15,906 times
Default Thanks a bunch.

This is very helpful information.

We would surely go there and have some fun.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: