Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 9,373 times

Advertisements

I am planing on moving to Texas from California. I have looked into the Frisco and Little Elm area. Housing looks beautiful, however, I have been raised in California and enjoy the convenience of city life. How is the lifestyle in that area? How is the traffic from that area to Dallas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,214,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangdi View Post
I am planing on moving to Texas from California. I have looked into the Frisco and Little Elm area. Housing looks beautiful, however, I have been raised in California and enjoy the convenience of city life. How is the lifestyle in that area? How is the traffic from that area to Dallas?

Little Elm is a bit farther out. I would say Frisco is definitely do-able as far as traffic, but it can be a bit of a gruel depending on where your job is. I work in Frisco (live in the adjacent suburb of Plano.) It is a nice, up and coming area and there are all kinds of amenities there. Tons of restaurants, all kinds of shopping, sports events, etc. It is very family oriented.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:27 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,393,654 times
Frisco is a nice place. Tough commute into Dallas, but alot of people do it, so it is not impossible.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 9,373 times
Default Thanks for your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Little Elm is a bit farther out. I would say Frisco is definitely do-able as far as traffic, but it can be a bit of a gruel depending on where your job is. I work in Frisco (live in the adjacent suburb of Plano.) It is a nice, up and coming area and there are all kinds of amenities there. Tons of restaurants, all kinds of shopping, sports events, etc. It is very family oriented.
I will be visiting again soon and keep my eyes on the Frisco area!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,014,003 times
Move to Dallas. If you like "city life" you will not like Frisco.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Dallas

Much of Dallas city limits, like many large cities, has it's own set of "issues"-i.e. crime. Some areas of Dallas are acceptable, but you have to be very selective and somewhat wary about it.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,014,003 times
Frisco seems to have had its own little crime wave here recently...

Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Frisco seems to have had its own little crime wave here recently...
Yes, Frisco definitely has, but in Frisco the crime is pretty much isolated incidents whereas in parts of Dallas, you can look at the stats and talk to the police and tell that it's definitely not isolated, rare occurrences.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:05 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,253,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Much of Dallas city limits, like many large cities, has it's own set of "issues"-i.e. crime. Some areas of Dallas are acceptable, but you have to be very selective and somewhat wary about it.
"Much" of Dallas is unsafe? That's a lie. There's plenty of good areas in the City of Dallas. Basically, anything north of the Trinity (or I-30) is going to be safe. Even south of the Trinity has some nice areas. You're missing out on a lot if you don't venture into Dallas for fear of crime.

I grew up in Highland Park. I now live in Dallas. I wouldn't live in Dallas if I thought it was unsafe. It takes three Plaino/Frisco mansions to buy a teardown in Highland Park. HP is safer than Plaino and Frisco. Dallas doesn't scare me. But Plaino and Frisco do.

I'd cut off my right arm before moving to Pla[i]no/Frisco. Really.

Plaino/Frisco is fine if your idea of fine dining is the cheesecake factory. And you like your neighbor's houses to match.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,568,528 times
Agreed - to say you have to be "very selective and somewhat wary" is a very uninformed, misleading decision.

Heck, I left my truck parked in front of my house last night with my windows down and low and behold, it's still there this morning with nothing missing or damaged.

Some areas of Dallas has crime. A majority of the crime issues occur south of I-30, as stated by Lakewooder.

As a general statement, I pose this:

- If you like malls, chain restaurants and neighborhoods that have the same look/feel throughout - then the northern burbs is your place.
- If you work in Dallas and dislike 30+ minute commutes, Dallas is for you
- If you like more local shopping and restaurants that are different (aka "funky) and neighborhoods with mature trees - the Dallas is for you.
- If you want to live in an area with Tudors, only Dallas offers that also.

So, there are different things for different people. Some people like the burbs. I lived there. I prefer Dallas - MUCH better restaurants and much better selection IMO.

Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: