Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 PM

8 posts, read 29,026 times

Advertisements

I might have a few minor details of this wrong because I'm getting it all third party, but the essentials are accurate.

15 year old Luke Dillier went to his violin lesson this morning around 9 AM in the area of Coit and 635. He had forgotten something in his van and left the instructor's house to go out and retrieve it. He never returned. When he was questioned, a neighbor of the violin instructor recalled hearing a scream at about the same time Luke was outside the house.

Police and family believe he might have been abducted. They had search dogs and a helicopter out looking for him today but to my knowledge currently have no leads.

The small photograph I'm attaching is unfortunately the only one I have available to me at this time. If anyone has any info about his whereabouts, knows of any suspicious activity in the area, or has any other information, please immediately call the police and relay the info.

Luke is about 6'4", 200 lbs and is 15 years old. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
Attached Thumbnails
15 year old missing, possible kidnapping, pic attached-lukedillier.jpg  

Old 07-25-2009, 06:34 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,376 times
Here is another picture that a friend posted to facebook regarding this young man. The details were the same, but picture is different - obviously the same child though.file:///C:/Users/CompUSA/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg (broken link)http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/731/24/s134424218592_2493.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-25-2009, 06:40 PM

8 posts, read 29,026 times
The latest news can be found at the facebook group for him (//www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134424218592 - broken link) and there is a Twitter hash to follow as well: #LDillier

The family gave some more info and some clarifications.

His mom said he's 6'2".

They said that they don't know how the detail that a neighbor heard a scream started getting passed on, but it is false. There was no such report.

He was wearing a dark striped polo shirt with brown slacks and tennis shoes, had a beaded bracelet on and wears braces.

The search is continuing as of 6 PM. They're asking people who can't go out there to search to please print off a copy of his picture to take to their local gas stations.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityCicada View Post
The latest news can be found at the facebook group for him (//www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134424218592 - broken link) and there is a Twitter hash to follow as well: #LDillier

The family gave some more info and some clarifications.

His mom said he's 6'2".

They said that they don't know how the detail that a neighbor heard a scream started getting passed on, but it is false. There was no such report.

He was wearing a dark striped polo shirt with brown slacks and tennis shoes, had a beaded bracelet on and wears braces.

The search is continuing as of 6 PM. They're asking people who can't go out there to search to please print off a copy of his picture to take to their local gas stations.
I've been told Khaki slacks.

The dogs tracked him for nearly 3 miles to Spring Valley and Coit. He was with his mom and brother Justin at his BROTHER'S violin lesson, asked for the keys to go out to the car, and never returned. The car was also not opened. I'm updating information on my blog as well and will get more info from the family tomorrow at Mass.

Oh, and the Dallas Morning News will be running a story in Sunday's paper as well.

This beloved homeschooled young lad is missing---whatever the reason. He's in trouble and needs our help (and prayers) so that he can be returned to his family safe and sound.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:47 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
KTVT (channel 11 or 21) will run a story tonight (7/26) at 10 pm.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 PM

162 posts, read 633,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityCicada View Post
If anyone has any info about his whereabouts, knows of any suspicious activity in the area, or has any other information, please immediately call the police and relay the info.
Would that be Dallas or Richardson or Irving PD? Some PD's don't take missing teen/adult info on 911, you have to call the non-emergency number. And then if you call the non-emer number but it's the wrong jurisdiction, you'll be at a dead end.
It would be helpful if you can post or link to a telephone number so valuable time won't be lost if someone does have info to report.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,047 times
I read about this and they are saying now there was no scream...my bets are he ran away. He was a 200lb 6'2 fifteen year old homeschooled boy with his hair slicked down and parted on the side like its 1955and taking violin lessons...geeze...ya think he might have been unhappy??? Child abductors aren't going to abduct a child bigger than they are ... hopefully he'll see his parents are looking for him and come back home.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,057 times
Default Are you for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinacok View Post
I read about this and they are saying now there was no scream...my bets are he ran away. He was a 200lb 6'2 fifteen year old homeschooled boy with his hair slicked down and parted on the side like its 1955and taking violin lessons...geeze...ya think he might have been unhappy??? Child abductors aren't going to abduct a child bigger than they are ... hopefully he'll see his parents are looking for him and come back home.
melinacok are you for real? Regardless of the situation, what your OPINION is, can you have some compassion, common decency, CONTROL YOURSELF AND THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK/WRITE OUT LOUD? This family is in tremendous pain right now and really does not need your insensitive comments. You could have just commented with the last part that hopefully he'll see his parents are looking for him and come back home. Stop and think if YOUR child was missing would you want someone writing what you wrote? I highly doubt it. Go look in the mirror and ask yourself what it is that you are unhappy with yourself about that caused you to lash out at a family obviously in pain/crisis. I'm still checking to see if this is like the twilight zone or something... I'm in shock that you really wrote that!

And as for an abductor not abducting someone bigger than them... it happens EVERY day!

Please show some compassion, humanity.. or keep it to yourself.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:00 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Wouldn't it be good to know if he was a runaway vs kidnapped? In one case he wants to be found and in the other case he doesn't. Also, if he ran away you would want to check any method he had to communicate with the outside world - phone, computer, Xbox Live. I hope he is found safe no matter what happened, but I don't see anything wrong with speculating out loud that the boy may be a runaway.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Wouldn't it be good to know if he was a runaway vs kidnapped? In one case he wants to be found and in the other case he doesn't. Also, if he ran away you would want to check any method he had to communicate with the outside world - phone, computer, Xbox Live. I hope he is found safe no matter what happened, but I don't see anything wrong with speculating out loud that the boy may be a runaway.
Agreed, but there are better ways to go about it than making rude comments about his upbringing like that poster did. I can't imagine what his parents are going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas